Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
Any success stories using ACV in your diet?

Replies

• tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    NO - in fact the opposite. ACV has contributed to reflux which has damaged my vocal cords and done permenant damage to my voice :(
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It makes a nice salad dressing mixed with hazelnut olive oil
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I use it in dressings and risotto. I consider my diet successful.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I use it in my slow-cooked pulled pork. All my friends think it's wonderful, so I consider that a success story.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I use it all the time to flavor salads and vegetables (I love vinegar in general). There's some studies that suggest that it may improve blood glucose levels by preventing the breakdown of starch, so I'm really tempted to experiment with those claims the next time I eat something containing a significant amount of starch. Now I really want to see how salt and vinegar potato chips affect my blood sugar compared to plain potato chips (YES! A reason to eat chips for science!)...

It's not going to directly cause weight loss or "detox" you. If drinking vinegar helps you to establish that calorie deficit (fluids making you feel fuller? the sourness killing your appetite?), then you'll lose weight. You can still establish a calorie deficit without vinegar if you think it's absolutely disgusting.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I use it in my slow-cooked pulled pork. All my friends think it's wonderful, so I consider that a success story.

That's my success story as well, it's great on pulled pork. It can also substitute for malt vinegar on fish & chips in a pinch.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Jimmymilk wrote: »
    Any success stories using ACV in your diet?

I had an itchy rash......apple cider vinegar worked great!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    It makes a nice salad dressing mixed with hazelnut olive oil

That sounds tasty!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    We love using it in many different recipes. I also do an ACV rinse on my hair.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I take it before meals for the enzymes and acid, occasionally. Whenever I feel as though I'm about to come down with a cold, I'll do shots of ACV diluted into a mug of warm water, and that usually seems to prevent me from getting full-blown sick.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

@Queenmunchy I'm curious about this. Do you prepare the rinse yourself? If yes, how and what does it do to your hair? :smile:
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

@Queenmunchy I'm curious about this. Do you prepare the rinse yourself? If yes, how and what does it do to your hair? :smile:

@ladyreva78 I stopped using shampoo over 15 years ago. I rinse with a mix - 1 part ACV to 2 parts water.

It's a natural hair technique so you don't strip the natural oils from your hair. Check out Lorraine Massey's curly girl book or Google "no-poo method."
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    @Queenmunchy Thank you!

My hair is horribly difficult and I'm having trouble finding a shampoo that doesn't leave it either greasier than it already is or dried out and greasy... Not to mention the price of most shampoos...