Unique Noob

Options
Hi, I'm not super new to MFP or weight loss, but I could definitely use the right mentor for support. I am a 32F and my husband and I live in Mongolia (and it's nothing like Mongolian BBQ you get in America). I started MFP years ago at 195 lbs, lost 30 but while I was working 80+ hours a week put it back on quickly. Prior to MFP I did Livestrong, and before that, paper journals. Last year I rejoined MFP after finding out living in Mongolia is not as magical as living in Nepal where I lost 50 pounds (as a vegetarian living at high altitude with a Parasite) but was cycling in my weight so I got serious. I lost that 30 pounds easily right away again (about 90 days) but then with a busy summer stayed there the rest of the year. But I go visit America in November and want to be 120-125 when I get there and have a goal to lose 1 pound a week. I prefer my mentor to be female, as I also struggle with some health issues like endometriosis, an injured ankle, and a lot of back and joint pain (very recently). But I don't believe in excuses, believe in 100% honesty and integrity, track diligently measuring with a scale and using my Apple Watch for calories burned, believe in the 3500 calorie math and am not afraid to be honest with myself. I require grace - with that one serving of chocolate per day, best if in the form of Oreos. It's my comfort away from home and a psych thing for me. No more food after the Oreos and I'm pretty satisfied with that. I'm hoping for a cheerleader who will also remind me that it's not just about calories but healthy choices and getting some protein too, and who will understand when I post a quick calories with that note of "I have no idea how much sheep's fat I was responsible to consume today at that meeting". Hopeful for a good match - I'd be really appreciative of someone to connect with - primarily for motivation and accountability.

Replies