Starting over, need accountability partners!

Options
I'm Maureen. I'm in my 40's. I have kids and work full time. I am trying, again, to just lose 25 lbs and tone. I have a treadmill now, so there are no excuses for NOT ever working out. I also have a gym membership so I'm thinking 30 min on treadmill and stretching, squats, push ups etc. EVERY evening and trying to hit the gym for weights 3x a week. Then of course eating better...

Anyone doing similar who would want to be accountability partners?

Replies

• MaralynManson
    MaralynManson Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi Maureen. I joined the gym. Try and go 5 or 6 times a week. I have my nieces wedding in September and aim to look buff by then. Think I will need some motivation too!
  • dmignola
    dmignola Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Maureen, have you considered getting a pedometer and tracking your steps? fitbit integrates with MyFitnessPal and has a great dashboard and "awards" for achieving milestones and goals. I'm looking for one accountability partner and you and I seem to have a few similarities. I just turned 50, 3 kids, work full time. I need CONSISTENT discipline with following through on my food plan for the day and exercise plan. I think it would help a bunch to have someone who knows my plan for the day and I have to share whether or not I've followed through. And of course I want to support her goals as well. Might be fun to compete a bit on number of steps, in a friendsly, encouraging way of course.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 40s, work full time and have kids too. I can't do any impact exercises because of tendinitis in my foot that is healing but I'm going to get back into weights again. I'm always looking for active new friends.
  • Michelllecx7
    Michelllecx7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am starting again this year. Used to be fit and strong. Had an accident 2 years ago. Now back in the game and allot of weight to lose. I need some inspiration and motivation.
    Michelle