Advice please

Options
2»

Replies

• neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Dangerous. And unwise. Please ditch the fad diet.

Agreed, if your goal is merely to lose weight, if you aren't being supervised by a doctor, and if you plan to remain on it for longer than 8 weeks.

I disagree as a blanket statement. The diet was designed to induce diabetic (as the name blood sugar implies) remission by mimicking the dramatic calorie reduction that accompanies bariatric surgery (that has been proven to induce diabetic remission), without having to actually have the surgery. It has been effective in doing so for a growing number of diabetics. Since diabetes is the most costly health condtion in the United States, putting it in remission is a significant health benefit personally - and it also minimizes the health care drain by people with diabetes.

Because my stint on the blood sugar diet was interrupted by a cancer diagnosis (at which point I followed the doctor's advice to return to sufficient calories to sustain my weight, or more), my diabetes is only partly remitted - but I have moved the needle back in time on what is assumed to be a chronic progressive disease.