1000 calories?

So I found this workout on Pinterest claiming to burn 1000 calories. I'm fairly new to working out (I did it yesterday and it kicked my but) so I'm just curious to know if this REALLY burns 1000 calories. I know sometimes you can't believe everything on the net !

djkp8ciump6t.jpg

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    i highly doubt it...
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Use a fitbit while doing this and see how much it says you burned.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    So maybe this is the difference between science calories and food calories. 1 food calorie = 1,000 science calories. That's why sometimes you see people say kCal, that's short for kilo-calorie.

Humans don't burn 1,000 kCal in 10 minutes. This is "hey you want to buy a bridge?" territory.
  • ElizIvory
    ElizIvory Posts: 141 Member
    It would depend on an individual, and how vigorously you did this.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    jaymeshaye wrote: »
    ... so I'm just curious to know if this REALLY burns 1000 calories.

Maybe 30 or 40.
  • bethieannie
    bethieannie Posts: 75 Member
    I burn 1000 calories in about 90 minutes of zumba that just about leaves me falling over, and I am 200lbs
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    So I found this workout on Pinterest claiming to burn 1000 calories. I'm fairly new to working out (I did it yesterday and it kicked my but) so I'm just curious to know if this REALLY burns 1000 calories. I know sometimes you can't believe everything on the net !

djkp8ciump6t.jpg

Nobody is burning 1,000 calories in 10 minutes...

I would burn somewhere in that neighborhood in about 90 minutes on my bike going about 25 miles or so.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Maybe if you weight 1000 lbs...
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    10 minutes of intense exercise may burn 100 calories if you are extremely heavy. 1000 is a ridiculous claim.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    i'm going to say typo.... 100 maybe, not 1000.

i had to run a half marathon to get that sort of burn!!!
  • ajwcyclist2016
    ajwcyclist2016 Posts: 161 Member
    Rubbish
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,448 Member

djkp8ciump6t.jpg

I wouldn't think so.

I have to cycle 50 km to burn 1000 calories (100 cal/5 km) ... or walk for 5 hours (200 cal/hour).
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Not no, but hell no.
  • Asiatashon
    Asiatashon Posts: 9 Member
    Depends on numerous amount of factors! But I can be the test dummy and do it with my polar and tell you how many calories i burned with it.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Asiatashon wrote: »
    Depends on numerous amount of factors! But I can be the test dummy and do it with my polar and tell you how many calories i burned with it.

HRMs are really only *somewhat* accurate with steady state cardio (such as jogging and cycling). That's way too much jumping around to get an accurate reading in my experience.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Has anybody been to the website listed at the bottom of the flyer? It's enough to induce an epileptic seizure.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Has anybody been to the website listed at the bottom of the flyer? It's enough to induce an epileptic seizure.

its..... interesting....