Eating 5x Day Weirdness

Options
1235»

Replies

• Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    In your coffee do you put a lot of sugar, or creamer that ads calories? If you are not hungry then eat only one meal but be mindful of the calories.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    lorainas5 wrote: »
    Eating smaller meals is building up your metabolism which is why you feel hungry a lot faster in between meals!

I love January on MFP. :D

i hate it
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    But, to be fair, if that disgusting ball of grease had less calories than what you'd expended in the course of the day, then yeah....you'd still lose weight.

Not to mention that you can still gain or not lose weight even if you only eat "healthy". People on here are just trying to tell you that there's very little benefit to eating 5 small meals a day if that's the only reason you're listening to the dietician. (REGISTERED dietician, right?).

CICO IS the way to lose weight. Not meal timing or eating only "healthy" foods.

And it *would* really help if you opened your diary.

Did anyone ask how long you went eating TDEE minus 500 calories before declaring it wasn't working?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    But, to be fair, if that disgusting ball of grease had less calories than what you'd expended in the course of the day, then yeah....you'd still lose weight.

Not to mention that you can still gain or not lose weight even if you only eat "healthy". People on here are just trying to tell you that there's very little benefit to eating 5 small meals a day if that's the only reason you're listening to the dietician. (REGISTERED dietician, right?).

Did anyone ask how long you went eating TDEE minus 500 calories before declaring it wasn't working?

She has a thread in the fitness section that indicates that she ate at that calorie level for a month or more. That's plenty of time to determine that it wasn't working for her. Whether she cuts her calories on her own or under the advice of her dietician, I think she's moving in the right direction.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Eating often does make me hungrier. So I stopped that pretty fast.

I eat meals 2 x a day usually brunch and dinner. I may have a snack or two but that varies. This, in part, helped me get my appetite in better control. I also eat a carb/protien/fat at both meals so that seemed to help as well.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »

She has a thread in the fitness section that indicates that she ate at that calorie level for a month or more. That's plenty of time to determine that it wasn't working for her. Whether she cuts her calories on her own or under the advice of her dietician, I think she's moving in the right direction.

Thanks. :) I don't venture over to that section often so didn't know.
  • missteena88
    missteena88 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I sure hope between yourself and the people you're paying, you can figure it out because you've instantly made many enemies on here. Everyone was just trying to help but we were treated poorly simply because we didn't answer the direct question asked and questioned what you're doing. Why not be more forthcoming with information being asked instead of keeping it all to yourself, stating we know nothing and your dietician knows it all? But, whatever. I'll lose weight using science whether you want to believe in it or not.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I love the people on MFP. :D

OP, I wish you luck and hope that eating three largers meals and two snacks makes you less hungry.