No Carb Pizza crust.

Options
2»

Replies

• DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    The 8 ounces of low fat cream cheese I have in my fridge is 524 calories. The grated cheese is 200 if i use it in the crust and to sprinkle on top. If I skipped sauce and did veggies.. I could probably get away with half the pizza for 360. paired with some green beans I did not think that sounded like a bad lunch.

or a side salad would be even better.
  • wisher40
    wisher40 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Made this. It's really good!
  • DanniB423
    Options
    And I wasn't looking at it as something to eat all at once. lol.

I'm sorry but I didn't know there was any other way :laugh:

IDK if you have them there but we get 97% FF Domino's pizzas and they are 1000 cals for the whole thing. 50ish g of protein. I have these all the time :smile:

No options for this at my local Dominos. They have lighter suggestions but not FF. 'Merica.
  • DanniB423
    Options
    Made this. It's really good!

Yay! someone likes it :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    this is downright offensive.

+1
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Considering breads, pastas and all foods white are my total kryptonite, I thought this recipe looked yummy and posted for others who like low carb options. Sorry I even posted it. Geez.

Well I hope you've learned your lesson. When you mess with pizza, you're messing with my feelings. :laugh:

That is another reason for me. I try not to deprive myself of too many foods I would have had before I found MFP, But Pizza.. I just have to stay away from. It never ends without days of guilt and a good cry :-P

There are other options, though. I make a pizza crust using flour (gasp!), and the whole pizza, all 8 large slices of the thing, together with the toppings is less than 1000 calories. My goal is 1800 calories for the day, and honestly, I can fit in the whole pizza as dinner as long as I have low calorie options for breakfast and lunch (400 or less each). People who would only eat 2-3 slices wouldn't need to worry about that, though. :flowerforyou:
  • supremelady
    supremelady Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I just saw a thread about Pizza, I thought I'd post this! I have not made it yet but I want to!

Crust
    1 (8 oz) package of full fat cream cheese, room temperature
    2 eggs
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

When I make it I will not use full fat cream cheese. You just mix all of these together and press the mixture into a sprayed baking dish and bake at 350 for 10-12 mins. Let it cool and add your toppings and bake again to melt it all. Sounds yummy and low carb!

I made this last night with pepperoni, green peppers and olives and it is delicious. I actually brought some leftovers for lunch. it's definitely something I will make again.
  • supremelady
    supremelady Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Is this serious? Not only does it sound disgusting, but by my calculations that is about 1039 calories, 47 grams of *saturated* fat and 644 milligrams of cholesterol just in the crust. How do you figure this is remotely healthy? The big philly cheesesteaks that I used to eat from subway weren't even that bad.

I eat pizza pretty regularly and I usually get it with a whole wheat crust, lots of sauce and various veggies, usually onion, green peppers, jalepeno, pineapple and banana peppers. I've lost over 80 lbs in 4 1/2 months eating like this. I eat at least 200 grams of carbohydrates per day, usually more than 300. I'd be interested to see how those that insist that low carbohydrate intake is the key to weight loss would explain that.

I substituted the cream cheese for 1/3 fat which saved 320 calories. My recipe came out to 191 per slice and there were 9 slices.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have used cream cheese for "sauce" on dessert pizza.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind that if you use low-fat cream cheese, you're going to be adding extra carbs.

Low fat = high carb
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'd rather just make a bacon weave pizza crust. Probably has less calories too.

I'd like the recipe for that hahahahahaha (Yeah, I know the recipe, I was joking)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    this is downright offensive.

QFT
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have made cauliflower crust pizza a few times. It is surprisingly good. There are plenty of instructions on pinterest.

My husband hates cauliflower, but he tried a cauliflower pizza crust and looked at me and asked, "What sorcery is this??? I love this!!" lol

Your husband sounds like my husband. Can I ask what recipe you used?

See for me I have to go low carb because my doctor told me to. So for all you people who love carbs, trust me, I do too, but sadly my body does not. When I got hit with the doctors orders to cut out carbs and sugar I cried and binged for like 3 days and my body hated me, like really hated me.

Sometimes it's not a choice, it's a medical condition don't put all us low-carb people into one category.