Feel like slapping myself!

Options
So last year i did brilliantly. Lost weight slowly but consistently and got to the lightest I've been since i was in my 20s.

Since August though i just let it slip and I've put on 14lbs.

I feel terrible and look bloated and can't believe i let it happen especially when i wasn't struggling with eating well.

Now i have to start again to wean myself off sugar and get back to that slimmer Rachel (preferably before I turn 40 in April!)

Tell me I'm not alone?!

Replies

• _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I got to my goal weight 18 months ago and have slowly crept back to my start weight. I now have 20 pounds to lose. Starting fresh this week- full logging on mfp helps.
  • vickpreston
    vickpreston Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I got to my goal weight in 2010 and maintained for about 3 years... Now I'm 30lbs heavier and also kicking myself! Happy to be added for motivation!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. Around 40 your metabolism changes too. I read somewhere that what you used to do to lose weight at 40 you have to do just to maintain.

You can & will do this. Hang in there.
  • Garlicmushroom
    Garlicmushroom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've found it harder as i've got older.
    I had my 3rd child 2 yrs ago and I gained the most I had from a pregnancy.
    The whole time was completely different causeing me ro gain straight away instead of lose.
    I'm 38 now and last yr I made soo many stupid mistakes I only lost 21lbs and gained back 12 since it got cold in October.
    I'm now at it again to get it off. I walk and it's worked for me over the last 5years.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    Options
    Hi garlicmushroom, I'm the same-found walking really helps and i enjoy cycling too. Not a gym bunny, that's for sure!
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Oh man, yeah. I lost 23 lbs, and within the last 4 months, I've put 17 lbs back on =[. But I gotta get married this year, so I gotta get on it. We can do it, dude!
  • mmcjtink
    mmcjtink Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya!! I've gained 20lbs and I need to loose it!!! So glad to know I'm not alone!!!
  • Eliniita
    Eliniita Posts: 38 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yup! It happens :/ I've gained 15 back in the last 2 yes! So ready to lose them!
  • ratchd
    ratchd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm up and down all the time. Turning 40 soon and my name is Rachel too so I'm feeling I should be part of this group. Need motivation. I'm an emotional eater and constantly feel stressed and frazzled so - always eating
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I started at 222 lbs and lost 20 lbs. But I have put about 14 of those lbs back on in almost the same time frame as you. Well you know you can do it so keep going, you can do it.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You certainly can do it @R_is_for_Rachel .
    When I, an obese old guy, started using MFP last year and losing weight, which was easy for me because I was an obese old guy, my co-workers noticed. Among them was a lady about your age who had let life happen to her and had put on 12 lb of 'just not trying' weight. She talked to me, and when I told her that I was using mfp she told me that she had that app on her phone and would start using it. It took her 2 months of sometimes frustrating effort and persistence, but she got her 12 lb lost and she got her mother to start hitting the gym with her. That's a 2-fer for me, and you're going to be a 3-fer.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    You're not alone! I gained 10 lbs in 2016. I just started exercising consistently a month ago, and now am logging in MFP after a holiday season of lots of cookies, dinners and alcohol!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I've done the same. I never thought I'd be that person. I can't believe how badly I've let stress and work affect my food intake. Some days I could just cry. I don't even want to see myself in the mirror...I get sad when I watch my lifting/form videos. And the worst part is, I STILL can't adhere to a deficit. Sucks, I know :(
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    Options
    Well if anyone would like to friend me, hopefully we can help each other without judgement x
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    Options
    Funny, at work there's a pic of me on my wall when i lost the weight, i almost dont recognise her. Hoping it'll work as inspiration though!