I need to gain as much water weight as possible by Saturday.

Options

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ryry_ wrote: »
    Lizarking wrote: »
    It is for a weight loss contest. I have to fluff up enough to compete with the 2 cheaters that always win. This one MF is maybe 30lbs overweight, but loses 40-50lbs every contest.

Today I had a pound of cinnamon rolls and panda express for breakfast. right now I'm working on a double steak burrito from chipotle.

Tomorrow... ketogenic diet.

You are eating a *kitten* ton of calories which is actually adding fat (and water)...I would go with a super high sodium intake the day before a weigh in tons of water and carbs. Boullion cubes are your friend

I'm sure he got a ton of sodium from the Panda Express and the burrito. :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    A Pizza Hut Cheesey Crust Pepperoni Lovers can make me gain 5lbs overnight! Mmmm sodium.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,674 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I am having some trouble with this weight loss contest "thing" that floats around these days.

a) If the people are not of an equal fat % the 'contest' has little meaning.
    b) the 'contest' actually has very little meaning even then!

What exactly is the point? Is there a benefit to you losing weight fast? If there is could you please point it out to me? Because unless your doctor won't operate to save your life until you hit a certain weight, who the **kitten** benefits by losing "faster" than what is healthy and sustainable for them?

A bad TV idea that wastes peoples' time and energy.

Do your own weight loss.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I am having some trouble with this weight loss contest "thing" that floats around these days.

What exactly is the point? Is there a benefit to you losing weight fast? If there is could you please point it out to me? Because unless your doctor won't operate to save your life until you hit a certain weight, who the **kitten** benefits by losing "faster" than what is healthy and sustainable for them?

Do your own weight loss.

You answered your own question, lol. :D It's nothing more than a real life version of a bad "reality show".
  • Lostinblac
    Lostinblac Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    All you can eat chinease completely filled.my body with glycogen and water my god I ballooned but proberly.over did it lol
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Do your own weight loss.

i am guessing the winner gets money..

but I agree that stuffing yourself full of water and sodium to get to a higher weight, and then running keto the day after sounds like a horrible idea..
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    OMG >:)
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    honestly i dont even care about the money (hardly anything.) I just want to beat the cheater.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    honestly i dont even care about the money (hardly anything.) I just want to beat the cheater.

Ironically by cheating?

Ehh, depends on how you look at it.

Is the guy who cuts water for weigh-in, then supercomps for a lifting meet cheating, when most are doing the same?

Is a bodybuilder or PL in a non-tested comp/meet cheating if he's on gear, when most are doing tge same?

If you know you are playing against a stacked deck, the smart man keeps cards up his sleeve. When there is no level playing field, why intentionally gimp yourself? ;)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

Ironically by cheating?

Ehh, depends on how you look at it.

Is the guy who cuts water for weigh-in, then supercomps for a lifting meet cheating, when most are doing the same?

Is a bodybuilder or PL in a non-tested comp/meet cheating if he's on gear, when most are doing tge same?

If you know you are playing against a stacked deck, the smart man keeps cards up his sleeve. When there is no level playing field, why intentionally gimp yourself? ;)

Yes.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I stay away from those contest as sometimes my weigjt doesn't go down but sizes do. seems counterproductive to eat a bunch of garbage just to win a wl challange...the real win is the health benifit from real loss or muscle gain but that's just my 2 cents
  • Ozzzzzzzzzz
    Ozzzzzzzzzz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    A guy at my work puts a large piece of metal down the front of his pants before his weigh in.
  • Lizarking
    Options
    A guy at my work puts a large piece of metal down the front of his pants before his weigh in.

Thats the cheating I'm talking about. Water weight... Still your weight.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

So make him shake his junk before jumping on the scale to prove he hasn't reinforced anything. :laugh:
  • Lizarking
    edited January 2017
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

So make him shake his junk before jumping on the scale to prove he hasn't reinforced anything. :laugh:

Haha good idea! I havent figured out exactly how he cheats, but over 3 contests he's lost like 120lbs, and the guy's starting weight is around 200 always. and I'm not sure why, it's not even much money.

On the very first contest, I suggested simple rules of:
    > empty pockets
    > no shoes
    > single layer / no outerwear

but no one bit so...
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    To all the Negative Nancys posting... I find this insanely entertaining!

Of course... I'm also chubby... sooooo.

OP! Keep us posted! I hope you win! Go get 'em!
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

By cheating?
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are wet blankets.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are wet blankets.

Really? Everyone in this thread?