I didn't know my city was so pedestrian friendly

Options
The roads were too icy to go to work, but I got my run in no problem.

hztzd89hpv7m.jpg

Replies

• albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Neither gets cleared where I am, LOL. At-least not very quickly. Especially in the residential roads.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm about to go to bed and the streets never got plowed, just that sidewalk and another in my neighborhood both on city lots. Completely dumbfounded. The cars were all creeping around like it was a school zone. The only rough part of my run was crossing the street from one plowed and salted sidewalk to the other one.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    that's pretty nice. the past week here has been like going back to some kind of universal childhood. people can run away from home pretty safely, just so long as they don't try crossing the street.

roads in my neighbourhood look like some sepia print of 1916 russia. everything's under about three inches of car-compressed ice. it's pretty, actually. kind of a pewtery-coloured gleam to it.

• LulaicaLoses
    LulaicaLoses Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous. Houston is really neither pedestrian or cyclist friendly overall (though we have some CM folks that aren't helping the attempts to make it more bike friendly). That being said, my sub-division outside of Houston is reasonably cyclist friendly and in the new expansions, they've already been putting in sidewalks before they've finished developing out the housing lots.