Simple gluten free vegetarian packed lunch ideas?

Options
SazFour
SazFour Posts: 20 Member
edited January 2017 in Recipes
Hello! I

have a lot of trouble coming up with things to bring to college that are easy to make along with being gluten free, vegetarian and low calorie.

If anyone could give me any ideas or recipes for things that are easy to make and bring with me that would be amazing! (Keeping in mind that it would be in my bag for up to 9 hours and I can't heat it later)

I generally don't have time or energy to make anything more complicated than a sandwich which has become really boring.

Thank you!

Replies

• paulautwn
    paulautwn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    String cheese, raw veggies, hummus if you can find a small insulated container, hard boiled eggs, homemade granola bars with gluten free oats... hope this helps!
  • Citronova
    Citronova Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ugh, packed lunches. I suggest you try Buddha bowls. If you aren't familiar with them, they are sort of a glorified salad with a base of greens, topped with cold vegetables, grains, legumes and/or beans. One example I make is a Greek style bowl... Spring mix, cherry tomatoes, red onions and sliced cucumbers. I top that with a scoop of cold quinoa (cook enough for a few days) and crumbled feta cheese on top. In a separate container, a simple Greek dressing made of olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper and oregano. I'm pretty sure all that fits your gluten free diet? If you Google "Buddha bowls" I'm sure you'll find a lot of great suggestions!