Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    _benjammin wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    If you need pushing, then you're really not wanting to do it. Motivation is internal. You can get all the inspiring, cheering on, etc, but if you really don't want to do it, it may not happen anyway.
    That's harsh. A motivational support system is a tremendous help for success.
    That's why alcoholics, drug addicts and cigarette smokers fail many times. Everyone wants them to stop, but if the person doesn't want to, it ain't gonna happen, even if given all the correct information and the benefits, as well as supportive help, etc.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    If you need pushing, then you're really not wanting to do it. Motivation is internal. You can get all the inspiring, cheering on, etc, but if you really don't want to do it, it may not happen anyway.

I agree. He has it backwards; motivation is external, inspiration is internal.
    People or idols inspire people to do things. If someone is truly motivated (internal), nothing stops them from achieving what they are shooting for. Look up any success book and you'll get it.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    @f4istunter4 - I sent you a friend request as well. Consistency is key - new methods will become habit after a time, and it's always good to have support when you log in. :)
  • Cylphin60
    Options
    That's why alcoholics, drug addicts and cigarette smokers fail many times. Everyone wants them to stop, but if the person doesn't want to, it ain't gonna happen, even if given all the correct information and the benefits, as well as supportive help, etc.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Well, he did create a thread asking for help, and clarified exactly what he's looking for when approached about it. I think that counts as "Wants it." :)
  • Flyeaglesfly8630
    Flyeaglesfly8630 Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    DROP THE WIFE that's crazy man then enjoy life if you want to bulk do it if not don't it takes dedication and years to have a bulk physical appearance you can do it but YOU have to want it for YOU no one else
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Cylphin60 wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Well, he did create a thread asking for help, and clarified exactly what he's looking for when approached about it. I think that counts as "Wants it." :)
    Lots of people "desire" to play the piano. Now are they really doing anything to achieve that or is it just talk? There's a difference. If someone REALLY wanted to play the piano, they go take piano lessons and practice everyday.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Cylphin60
    Options
    Cylphin60 wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Lots of people "desire" to play the piano. Now are they really doing anything to achieve that or is it just talk? There's a difference. If someone REALLY wanted to play the piano, they go take piano lessons and practice everyday.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

When someone approaches you for coaching, do you give them a chance to show up for the first scheduled appointment or just assume they aren't going to?

The man said he already started, yet he comes into this thread and sees reasons why that isn't good enough. That's not very motivating. ;)

I'm satisfied with my take on this. I sent him a FR and he accepted, and I'll do what I can to support someone asking for help. Others are welcome to their own views on it.