Hi there! Any sober folks on here?

I'm newly sober-just four months free from alcohol-and I'm starting to focus on diet and exercise now. I've got about 20 pounds left to lose. I just thought I'd introduce myself and see if anyone here is also getting fit after ditching the drink.

Happy New Year everyone! Here's to a healthier year.

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Happy new year
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Congrats on getting sober!!!!!
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Congratulations on getting sober ♥ I walked away from alcohol a few years ago, only started addressing issues seven months - it's amazing. Happy New Year!
  • terriz4girl
    terriz4girl Posts: 1 Member
    I've lost 7lbs in 6 days since I gave up alcohol. I've also added apple cider vinegar. I make a yummy drink with hot water, acv lemon, cyanne pepper, and stevia. I've been drinking three times a day. I can stick to this. I've set my nutrients to low carb. The only time I've ever lost weight was by going low carb. I feel great!
  • Asiatashon
    Asiatashon Posts: 9 Member
    Congrats on getting sober!!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Congrats on your sobriety!
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    Way to go! I'm on day 6 sober. Trying to do a dry January 2017 to see what happens to my weight and state of mind.
  • blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    edited January 2017
    :)
  • publusher
    publusher Posts: 3 Member
    Congrats on geing sober. It's been a few years for me now and I dread Christmas. Not so much because I want to drink but seeing the people you love most getting wasted. I know better than to say anything though. Good on you all. I'm sure you won't regret it and life is a lot more fun sober. Truly!
  • publusher
    publusher Posts: 3 Member
    Have you all seen the Hello Sunday Morning website? Some great tips and stories there.
  • onsickmom
    onsickmom Posts: 212 Member
    In Groups..Dec 2016 Sober stay sober support..Come join us...
  • tamera_g
    tamera_g Posts: 128 Member
    Congrats on your sobriety! I too am staying away from alcohol; only on big feast days I allow myself one glass of wine. No more at the end of the day just to unwind.