Woke up with the intention...

Options
Of working out - even set an alarm at 6am but I managed to snooze it till half 7 and didn't do any.
I normally do 30 minutes on the exercise bike in the morning (as of recent) but is it ok for me to take Monday's and Fridays off?
I start at 9am these days and have 6-7 hour days at college, I'm finding it too difficult to find the motivation to workout this early.
Maybe I could do it later in the day?

Thanks

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Pushing yourself too hard at first or having unrealistic goals causes some to give up. Especially if one is new to working out.

Rest days are good too for recovery.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You can do what you like - I personally wouldn't feel the need to have "rest days" doing 30 mins of cycling. Your results will ultimately be a reflection of the effort you put in - whether you do it early or late won't make a difference, but there'll be a big difference between doing it and not! If you want results enough, you'll find the motivation to do what it takes to get them
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    You can work out whenever you want. And you can do what you want. If you don't feel like riding an indoor cycle, go for a brisk walk between classes or after class or something.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    You can do what you like - I personally wouldn't feel the need to have "rest days" doing 30 mins of cycling. Your results will ultimately be a reflection of the effort you put in - whether you do it early or late won't make a difference, but there'll be a big difference between doing it and not! If you want results enough, you'll find the motivation to do what it takes to get them

Heehee - I need rest days after 15-20 min walks when I first started. Every joint hurt, just old and overweight I suppose:).
  • Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I say don't set yourself up for failure. If you know those are tough days, plan them as your rest days. Then if you do find time to workout, you will feel extra accomplished!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i work out M,W,F.

if i feel like getting in an extra one on another day, i do. if i feel like skipping a day for whatever reason (though i try not to make it for plain laziness), i do.

find a schedule that works for you, and that is easy for you to stick to.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Never forget that the key to success is doing it your way. This is your journey. You can exercise as much or as little as you want. The results you get will differ depending on what you do. All that matters is that they're the results you want. You may change your idea of what you want, what results you find acceptable from time to time, and that's ok, too.