Deadlifted my Start Weight

Options
bdur76
bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
So tonight, after 20 months of strength training, I finally dead lifted more than my start weight. Did 365 pounds for three sets, and got 5/3/2 reps. Pretty proud of myself, to think two and a half years ago I weighed that much, and now I can lift that much! Just wanted to share my moment! :drinker:

Replies

• Alphaeater
    Alphaeater Posts: 12
    Options
    That. Is. Awesome. Way to go, bdur76! Getting that much weight up is amazing. You've down to almost half of what you used to weigh--that's great! What would you say were the "keys" to your losing that much weight?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Congrats!
  • glutesandabs
    glutesandabs Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yay! Deadlifts are the bestest.
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    The biggest key for me has been consistency. I do not skip workouts, and try my best to make good food choices, allowing for occasional indulgences. For almost two years now I have been running three days a week, and lifting three days a week. I take one week every three months totally off of exercise, then do not miss workouts. This is while working full time, with an hour commute to/from work everyday, I coached my son's soccer and t-ball teams, and never missed workouts. You need to make it a priority, and make time to make it happen! Best of luck!
  • Alphaeater
    Alphaeater Posts: 12
    Options
    Sounds like sane and sage advice. Sounds like it's a solid lifestyle thing for you now. Keep up the good work!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Love my deadlifts, and you're right, consistency and making time is key
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! That's awesome! WTG!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! That's awesome! WTG!

That was pretty much exactly what I was going to type! You are awesome.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts are by far most of the reason why I even do leg day :)
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    The biggest key for me has been consistency. I do not skip workouts, and try my best to make good food choices, allowing for occasional indulgences. For almost two years now I have been running three days a week, and lifting three days a week. I take one week every three months totally off of exercise, then do not miss workouts. This is while working full time, with an hour commute to/from work everyday, I coached my son's soccer and t-ball teams, and never missed workouts. You need to make it a priority, and make time to make it happen! Best of luck!

This is so awesome!!! :)
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    That is freaking amazing. What a NSV!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!