Very new, fairly depressed, incredibly lonely

Options
Have struggled with my weight for quite some time. Need to be more than what I have allowed myself to become. Hoping for some support and the occasional kick in the pants.

Replies

• glutesandabs
    glutesandabs Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I hope it will help you make the change you need!
  • kelbelruck
    kelbelruck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am about 6/7 weeks into my journey. I also decided it was time to QUIT allowing myself to continue down the weight gain path- I deserve SO much better than that- and so do you! Friend me if you would like!
  • Foxtrot2N
    Foxtrot2N Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Then add me. I'm rude, sarcastic and an unrepentant smart-alec but I will be there to celebrate your victories with you and a straight-shooter who will call you on your BS if you try to quit on yourself. :happy: Let's do this.
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this! Dont stop no matter what! :)
  • Jan3D
    Jan3D Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi. I hear your heart. You have come to the right place. I'm 6 weeks into this journey. You can add me as a friend to, and I will be there to keep you on track. It's slow and steady wins the race. God bless.
  • lswatson111304
    lswatson111304 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! You can add me if you need a friend!
  • cindycolee
    Options
    I'm right there with you girl...just stopped going to Curves about 2 months ago. I was loving it, but the 30 minute trip into the gym just got to be more than I wanted to do everyday. So, I just quit doing it all. I haven't gained the weight back, but I will if I don't do something. I still have about a hundred pounds to lose. Maybe we can help each other...cindyc
  • lkgarza
    lkgarza Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Look at all the support ALREADY! You can add me as a friend too :) Welcome! I need a kick in the pants every now and then too. But I WILL NOT let you quit, that is for sure! I'm excited for you, and all of us really! What a great thing you are doing for yourself. Don't ever let ANYONE talk you out of your goal to get healthy and fit!
  • kherrons
    kherrons Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You're definitely not alone. I think a lot of us have been in your shoes before. Feel free to add me! People here seem to be pretty great so far :)
  • Mrs__G
    Mrs__G Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I am new to MFP also. I have lost weight before but could never keep it off......it's time!!!!!! You have taken the first step in a very important journey. Don't give up you can do it. You can friend me as well....I don't think I have any "friends" here yet :smile:
  • Lutah7
    Lutah7 Posts: 45
    Options
    Overwhelmed with the generosity of kindness. Thank you so much!
  • dombiggers
    dombiggers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This site has help me to lose 52 lbs since Feb. There's a lot of support and info here. You can add me if you'd like.
  • niktherip
    niktherip Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'll kick you in the pants any time bab just MSG me, Stay strong fight on!
  • badmoose
    badmoose Posts: 25
    Options
    I, personally, have never struggled with my weight. It has been happily increasing, unchecked, for some time. :)

Two months ago I just decided to change that. I found MFP, began tracking, and the pounds have been steadily decreasing. It's like anything else: if you decide to do it, really do it, jump in with both feet and no regrets. Just make it happen. Tracking gets easy after a bit and since you're counting calories, not just eating "diet food" you don't have to feel cheated. It's all a big puzzle to find what you like, how to change your cooking in little ways, just to make the numbers add up.

I'm a breakfast fan. I love my bacon and eggs. Now an omelette has more veggies, less meat, no cheese. Minor adjustments all, but significant calorie reduction. And if I really want biscuits and gravy, lunch and/or dinner will be proportionally lighter that day. Or over the next couple of days. One occasional splurge need not be made up in one day. You're in it for the long haul.

You'll be just fine. If I can make this work, it can't be all that hard or annoying.
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    Oh sweetie, I would love to help you!
  • becajb
    becajb Posts: 50
    Options
    Welcome! It's amazing how positive this site is and how easy it is to be real with yourself once you start tracking your calories.

I am 3 weeks in and feeling great because of all the lovely support on here.

I have added you so will help keep you motivated.

Bec
  • Kinderfit
    Kinderfit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think we all need each other here.. we wouldn't be on MFP and trying to better ourselves if we were happy with what we have become. I started here in Jan, lost 28 pounds with the support of others. After a cruise the end of Feb, my husband got sick and I let myself go again and gained 10 pounds. MFP works because we help each other. Do not be down on yourself, I am back because I need you and the others, you are here because you need us. Together we can feel better about ourselves and change our outlook on life. Feel free to add me as a friend, i need more friends to help me too. Take care.
  • crystalc27
    crystalc27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    hello....im new as well I don't know anyone on mfp so i could really use some friends for support and advice
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    MFP is a great place to be. You can hang on with the help of your friends. Log in everyday even if it is a bad one. I just hit day 200 today and I am really struggling the last couple of months. No one here gives up on you. They just help you find ways to keep moving ahead. Add me if you like I love having new friends. You never know who will be the person that says the one thing you need to hear.
  • Miss_Maree
    Miss_Maree Posts: 33
    Options
    I know the feeling! Those same three reasons are why I'm here too. (I only joined yesterday!)

Best of luck to both of us on turning this thing around!