The best, non prescription arch supports?

Options
Just looking for recommendations because there are simply too many, expensive options out there to trial each and every one.

The most aggressive support available by the way. I do have prescription supports, but they're hard plastic, and regardless how tightly laced up, my feet tend to "slip" inside the shoe with a little sweat.

If it matters, there won't be any full out running, I can't do that (yet?), but more a super brisk walk to occasional jog as able...

Thanks in advance folks :)

Replies

• mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is exactly what you're looking for, but I use SuperFeet insoles in all my shoes. The green ones have decent support.
  • ale527
    ale527 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've been using Spencos for 10+ years and they've been really supportive. A foot doctor recommended them in my teens because of flat feet. You can find them at FootLocker and on Amazon.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    ale527 wrote: »
    I've been using Spencos for 10+ years and they've been really supportive. A foot doctor recommended them in my teens because of flat feet. You can find them at FootLocker and on Amazon.

I will look those up, - thank you! I've not heard of that brand before, looking forward to checking them out :)
  • Cylphin60
    Options
    I don't know if it is exactly what you're looking for, but I use SuperFeet insoles in all my shoes. The green ones have decent support.

Same here, never heard of them lol. I knew posting the question here would get good results, thanks!
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    Just looking for recommendations because there are simply too many, expensive options out there to trial each and every one.

The most aggressive support available by the way. I do have prescription supports, but they're hard plastic, and regardless how tightly laced up, my feet tend to "slip" inside the shoe with a little sweat.

If it matters, there won't be any full out running, I can't do that (yet?), but more a super brisk walk to occasional jog as able...

I've had really good luck with Sole Arch Supports. http://www.yoursole.com/us
  • Cylphin60
    Options
    Cylphin60 wrote: »

I've had really good luck with Sole Arch Supports. http://www.yoursole.com/us

Will check these out to, thanks! :)
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I had my first bout with plantar fasciitis about 15 years ago. I swear by Superfeet. I probably could not run without them.
    There are a number of models. But they are all a little more supportive and a little less squishy than Spencos, at least in my experience.
  • Cylphin60
    Options
    GiddyupTim wrote: »
    I had my first bout with plantar fasciitis about 15 years ago. I swear by Superfeet. I probably could not run without them.
    There are a number of models. But they are all a little more supportive and a little less squishy than Spencos, at least in my experience.

Added to the list. Thank you sir :)
  • Cylphin60
    Options
    GiddyupTim wrote: »

So I wound up going with the Superfeet. One week in and these are the best inserts I've ever had, bar none.