When life gets tough...

Options
thelatecomer
thelatecomer Posts: 17 Member
edited January 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Sometimes I find it really hard to prioritise counting calories. Before I started this weight loss journey, being slim and healthy mattered so much to me, it was the answer to all my problems. Now goal is in sight I have more bad days than good. I usually stick to my calories but don't do it with the same enthusiasm as I did before. I guess I was expecting this to cure my chronic health problem (or atleast help it), give me more energy to cope with life...but it hasn't. I think once I reach goal I need to work on other aspects of my life. Sorry to be miserable, you lot seem to be a supportive bunch so thought you might pick me up a bit.

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Have you spoken to the physician treating your health problem about if/how diet can help? If not, I'd suggest starting there.
  • thelatecomer
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. Yes I did, I suffer with chronic migraine. I was told weight loss may help but it's important not to get hungry or dehydrated as these are migraine triggers. Unfortunately I haven't managed to find a way of restricting calories and not being hungry!
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have tried so many things for my chronic migraine, keeping track of my food to see if anything causes it, different prescriptions, sleep study, blah blah blah. I'm doing this weight loss thing. My neck is curved and compressed in some odd way and that is the main cause so I am trying yoga it helps but you know life happens and can't take that 20 to work the yoga. I am hoping 2017 will be the year of health for me. Good Luck!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    How much are you trying to lose per week? As you are close to your goal you probably shouldn't be trying to lose more than half a pound a week, and that's especially important given what you're saying about hunger being a migraine trigger.
  • meredithdelcastillo
    Options
    As someone with migraines as well, I know how hard and what a struggle you really have to deal with. Do you excercise regularly? I know excercise really makes me feel good. If I'm feeling stressed out I might go for a long run or something of the like which might curb an on coming migraine. Exercise also gives me more calories in the day to eat.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    8bf9b71b76d721f3a1859e509541111cd24c7d13f20703e3aa1362b3b6a12b7a.jpg
  • thelatecomer
    Options
    Half a pound a week is all I'm trying to lose now, and I do exercise but probably not enough! I've got some time off work so I'll try to get more active and see if I can get in a better routine with it! Thanks all x