Workout DVDs like T25

Options
Hi all, I posted a couple of days ago that my main goal was to lose weight but that I wanted to maintain muscle as well (or look lean/stronger).

I've been struggling to figure out what the best workout plan is for me seeing as how family (2 young daughters), and work takes quite a large chunk of my days. I often find it hard to muster 5 workouts per week after the kids goto bed, especially when I typically do weights for an hour and cardio for 25 minutes (different days).

I know the key to losing weight is at a calorie deficit and i'm making those changes but i'm just wondering what I should do for working out. If I recall the T25 series still involved lots of exercises so am wondering if it will maintain muscle as opposed to doing weights?

Thanks!

Replies

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    From my understanding, body weight exercises can be a good substitute for weights. I've done 3 cycles of t25, I love Shaun T. It's leg heavy, which makes sense. If you're trying to get the most bang for your buck, use the big muscles. I lost 70lbs with calorie deficit and t25, then had a healthy pregnancy with managed gain using the cardio videos as I could. When I was losing weight, I did notice muscles building, and I never had the "skinny fat look".

• lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    tonyt_1982 wrote: »
    Hi all, I posted a couple of days ago that my main goal was to lose weight but that I wanted to maintain muscle as well (or look lean/stronger).

I've been struggling to figure out what the best workout plan is for me seeing as how family (2 young daughters), and work takes quite a large chunk of my days. I often find it hard to muster 5 workouts per week after the kids goto bed, especially when I typically do weights for an hour and cardio for 25 minutes (different days).

I know the key to losing weight is at a calorie deficit and i'm making those changes but i'm just wondering what I should do for working out. If I recall the T25 series still involved lots of exercises so am wondering if it will maintain muscle as opposed to doing weights?

Thanks!

I hate t25 or anything Shaun t related other than his dance workouts. It's too much cardio I prefer strength training. 21 day fix and p90x3 got me to loose over 40 pounds