Open diary, question

Options
2»

Replies

• SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    crap, Ive been looking and looking for causes. Its really disturbing, could just be my age (35). I see my doc aug 5th. I looked up hair loss in forums and someone suggested low carb and I noticed thats the one macro Im usually under on. I would say my diet is low carb. (100 cals per meal) But maybe thats not it. Thanks.

Low carb is below 100 grams of carbs per day. From what I've seen, you are over that.

Ok you're stating whats healthy right? MFP is saying to eat 335 carb and Im at 150. so thats half of what MFP is telling me to eat. Thats from yesterday. Thats my real question I guess, why is MFP saying to eat 335? is it a problem Im at half? is that why im losing hair? you see my question? :)

MFP tends to be low on protein and high on carbs. I've personally changed my protein goals to almost twice what MFP recommends and same fat, which would put carbs at around the same as what you get

Ok. I see. Well, I think Im going to have to see a nutritionist soon. Its all a little confusing to me still. I have definitely lost weight eating like I am, but Ive lost A LOT of hair too :( I'll update after I see my doctor, I think she said if I was still losing she'd send me to a dermatologist.
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Your diet definitely wouldn't be considered low carb. Low carb is considered to be at most 100g PER DAY, not per meal. Most people that say they do low carb eat less than half of that so I don't think your hair loss can be attributed to a low carb diet.
    Options
    Your diet definitely wouldn't be considered low carb. Low carb is considered to be at most 100g PER DAY, not per meal. Most people that say they do low carb eat less than half of that so I don't think your hair loss can be attributed to a low carb diet.

why do you guys keep saying 100 GRAMS per meal? is one slice of bread at 70-100 cals Grams? you guys are confusing me.
    Options
    I never said I ate 100 grams per meal and my diary doesnt reflect that. I mentioned I keep my carbs to 100 CALORIES per meal. Not the same thing calories/grams correct or no? Id like to understand/
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Low carb is less than 50gr PER day of carbs...

That means that most of the carb intake come from fruits and veggies as every piece of bread has around 10 gr of carbs.. For example, yesterday, your carb intake was 186 gr per day.. which is more than three of the recommended carb intake to reach ketosis.

That-s what they're talking about,
    Options
    I dont want to eat less than i already am. i think i may not be getting enough as it is. thanks though everyone!
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better.... I'm losing a lot of hair right now too.. but mostly I give it to the seasonal changes... A couple of months ago I didn't lose hair at all and now I'm like a cat..

So it might be that.
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Jelly :bigsmile:

I know it sounds weird, but for a glossy coat and healthy nails, get some gelatin into your diet now and then.

If your nose goes moist though, then it's too much :drinker: