Strength training for newbies at home

Options
So after seeing so many inspiring success stories involving strength training I'm getting on board! That being said I need some ideas and tips. My plan for now is to start simple with squats, planks, push ups, and lunges (or modified versions) for now but is that enough. Any beginner plans? Please remember I'll be at home only

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few at home bodyweight plans online. Many people around here recommend starting out with Nerd Fitness, Fitness Blender or one of the prison workout variations. Nerd Fitness has a home bodyweight video on YouTube that's specifically designed for beginners. Maybe start there?
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Working at home is fine, so long as you can maintain the motivation. The thing to think of is if you are hitting all the main muscle groups.

There is an excellent resource called exrx.net and it tells you what muscle group a movement uses. That can help build a routine.

If you are starting then an all over routine might be good for you. After a while you might change to an upper day and lower day etc. Lots of good bodyweight exercises and variations.