Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Mindless Munchies

The last couple of days I have been dealing with a terrible case of mindless munchies. It tends to struck mid to late afternoon and I am afraid that if I don't do something about it now, I will blow everything I have worked towards thus far.

Anyone have any suggestions as how to combat this issue?

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,836 MFP Moderator
    My first trick is to drink a full glass of water before giving in to my craving. Sometimes I'm actually thirsty, not hungry. If that doesn't work then I go ahead and have a snack but I try to aim for something with fiber that will fill me up a bit - like an apple or orange. Once in a while I just want chips or cookies or whatever so I go ahead and have them, but I log it and move on. :) You can do this!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    have a drink, you could even go for a nice low cal hot chocolate-they will give you a sweet kick and the fluid helps to fill you up

the other option is to just have loads of low cal munchies in the house, good luck :smile:
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    My steps are:
    1) Water
    2) Gum
    3) Get busy so that my mind is not wandering
    4) If it's just one of those days, I'll go ahead and have something small and satisfying.
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Pickled vegetables or homemade vegetable chips (dehydrated or baked, not fried) are something you can eat plenty of without too much worry. They're very low calorie and filling.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    I pre-plan my meals and snacks so that when I feel munchy, 1) I know exactly what and how much I can eat and 2) I have something to look forward to later, which gives me the mental strength to hold out. I remove the "mindless" part.

I also delay taking my vitamins and supplemental fiber until I feel snacky in the afternoon because it fills me up.

Good luck!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    I have pre-logged "snacks" (gum and chocolate covered coffee beans) to help deal with the 3p munchies.
  • 890emma
    890emma Posts: 16 Member
    I am going to make raw lemon coconut balls , various types you can make keep them in deep freeze snak as required , make in bulk quick to grab when you crave , l suffer same problem
  • Queenofthezoo
    Queenofthezoo Posts: 69 Member
    I like frozen blueberries when I want to sit and munch something.
  • kellylynnshonting
    kellylynnshonting Posts: 108 Member
    Thank you to everyone who shared. For me, I think it comes down to a mind over matter type of thing.
  • jessicagreen1828
    jessicagreen1828 Posts: 133 Member
    If you search you can find a list of low-calorie massive-portion foods that others have listed as their go-to snacks. Like popcorn or salad or apples etc. When I snack I don't want to feel deprived, like counting 4 squares of chocolate. So depressing. If it's filling I have less risk of over doing it.