help please i really need support

Options
Hi, i need support. Im currently weighing the most i have in 3 years andits really hurting. I have just started on a weightloss programme again for myself and tracking everything , but not changes at all yet. ( its been a week so far). Basically i trained hard for three years, then my dad died and i lost my motivation, just couldnt seem to shift the slump until recently when i jumped on the scales for the first time in months. i still have good muscle mass i know, due to me noticing my measurements compared to my actual weight and height, but i just need motivation for a kickstart. I currently have gastro ( got it during the night).
So instead of that last 5 kg to lose i now have 13 kg to lose .. whats that in pounds? immmm... 26 pounds. which i would like to acheive in 12 weeks. unreasonable?

Replies

• 9thChakra
    9thChakra Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You are supported. Best to you.
  • lemonsquare6
    Options
    Hi there, did you mention you started exercising again or your measurements are in a good place in comparison to your weight? You can definitely kick start your weight loss by exercising in the mornings and then have your breakfast of mostly protein. Eat again at lunch, then dinner and maybe one snack in between. If you can stop by 8 pm then that's ideal so you can properly digest before it's time to sleep at night. Please notice if you start exercising the weight on the scale should increase for about 1-2 weeks as the muscle mass will be heavier. Your measurements might increase a bit too but I promise it will start dropping. Best way to not make yourself feel bad is very flowy skirts and tops or dresses so nothing is snugging you and making you feel uncomfortable. It is summer as we speak :D
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    thankyou!! yes i need to remember all that. yes my measurement arent too bad considering my weight. i saw compared to someone else on here who has the similar \ measurements and height to me, that i was 10 kg heavier than them. so it means my muscle mass is good still. but yes i have gone up in weight in the last week despite a calorie deficit and consistent exercise. i guess i just got a shock that i had put on 7.5 kg in just a few months( well four actually), all because i wasnt focused in training and ate whatever . It just crept up so quickly it seemed, and also in a relationship where we have only started living together since late january and my dad dying, so much change just lead me to cope by not exercising nd dieting the way i needed. i guess im dissapointed in myself more than anything.
  • lemonsquare6
    Options
    thankyou!! yes i need to remember all that. yes my measurement arent too bad considering my weight. i saw compared to someone else on here who has the similar \ measurements and height to me, that i was 10 kg heavier than them. so it means my muscle mass is good still. but yes i have gone up in weight in the last week despite a calorie deficit and consistent exercise. i guess i just got a shock that i had put on 7.5 kg in just a few months( well four actually), all because i wasnt focused in training and ate whatever . It just crept up so quickly it seemed, and also in a relationship where we have only started living together since late january and my dad dying, so much change just lead me to cope by not exercising nd dieting the way i needed. i guess im dissapointed in myself more than anything.

Hi again embersdream :) Yes, then you probably do have some good muscle mass still. This is good news for when you do start training again. I think you are dealing with big milestones such as moving in with your s/o and coping with a very close death. Did you enjoy exercising before? If you enjoy running outside in the mornings on a trail and using this as 'me' time.. it could be good for coping and taking care of yourself. I find when I have issues with my eating disorder the best thing I can do to cope is not rely on the food but to take care of myself and my body. So you can consider taking a moment to soak your feet in water with salt bath crystals and using a pumice stone to exfoliate the bottom of your feet. I find anything where we cherish ourselves, our bodies and not be too hard on ourselves helps. But do stick to your goal! I know you can lose the 10kg. It might take the same amount of time it took you to gain it but you need to accept that. MFP tracking can help and also make sure you look for the support when you feel you are making excuses with food or needing a bit of motivation to continue. Remember what you are doing this for :)
  • embersdream
    Options
    Yes u are so right, I went right back to emotional eating to cope and accepting it'll take me another 4 months to get it off is just reality , but I'm going to try and look at it as in 4 months it'll be November here in Australia, just in time for summer.
  • Beatriz707
    Beatriz707 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi embersdream!! Good morning (afternoon for you) from Montreal!!
    If you try losing all the extra weight all together you won't make it. Instead try small milestones in the middle, for example, try to lose 10% of your weight first. This is one of the Weight Watchers techniques (I did it years ago). Once you achieve the first step you will feel encouraged by the results. They say that the optimal weight loss is 1 kg (or 2.2 lbs) per week. The weight loss has to make sense: too much too quickly is not healthy and you will regain it.
    Make your portions smaller, try to eat 5 or 6 times a day (snacks included). I'm trying to eat less, my portions grow every time :)
    I'm trying to find a diet that I can keep afterwards, I did one just to lose weight but I don't eat like that so I regained some of the weight back. I'm working on that.
    You are not alone! Show us you can do it! I'll race you :)
    Have a great weekend!
    Beatriz.
  • embersdream
    Options
    Hi embersdream!! Good morning (afternoon for you) from Montreal!!
    If you try losing all the extra weight all together you won't make it. Instead try small milestones in the middle, for example, try to lose 10% of your weight first. This is one of the Weight Watchers techniques (I did it years ago). Once you achieve the first step you will feel encouraged by the results. They say that the optimal weight loss is 1 kg (or 2.2 lbs) per week. The weight loss has to make sense: too much too quickly is not healthy and you will regain it.
    Make your portions smaller, try to eat 5 or 6 times a day (snacks included). I'm trying to eat less, my portions grow every time :)
    I'm trying to find a diet that I can keep afterwards, I did one just to lose weight but I don't eat like that so I regained some of the weight back. I'm working on that.
    You are not alone! Show us you can do it! I'll race you :)
    Have a great weekend!
    Beatriz.
    thanx Beatriz.... thanx for all yr kind advice... just being back on mfp has actually helped me focus again which is good. if i miss a day of checking in i do get distracted.