Anyone who goes gym 6 days a week and aims for 1000 calorie loss?

Options
Insain1
Insain1 Posts: 25 Member
edited January 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
I go to the gym 6 days a week 5 if i cant possibly get there. Im looking for motivated people who go like me and aim to lose around 1000 cals at a time.
Thats 1000 calories per day so im usually in the gym for around 2 hours.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of exercise, any particular reason you strive for 1000 exercise calories?

What type of exercise are you doing?
  • pacific904
    pacific904 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about the same - how many calories aday do you eat and what is your weekly average loss?
  • Insain1
    Options
    Ive now put in my stats to an online calculator and its worked out my calories for me so around 1350 i should be eating. After exercicing it says i can eat my calorie plus 1000 extra ive worked off. Ive done a test on both where ive eaten the extra calories and one maintained the calorie goal but found staying in the calorie goal helped lose weight.
    Does depen what you eat though.
  • Insain1
    Options
    Exercise wise i do anything from cardio to weights have also noticed that with weights yes my weight does go up but feel more toned.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It would take me far longer than 2 hours in the gym to burn 1000 calories and ib definitely couldn't do it if I was only eating 1350 to start with. Good luck to you though.
  • Insain1
    Options
    Thanks it actually all depends on the sort of activity you do and the intensity of it, its all achievable just believe in yourselve
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Let us know how long that ends up being sustainable.
  • Insain1
    Options
    What do u do 6 days a week at the gym out of curiosity?cwolfman 13
  • Insain1
    Options
    Rybo ive been doing it so far for 6 months just had a lil break over xmas and new yr
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    In six months how much weight have you lost?

The other question that I have is how accurately are you tracking your calories?

ETA How do you calculate your calories burned?
  • Insain1
    Options
    So do you suggest eating back the calories you burn off? If so doesnt that just put weight back on?
  • Insain1
    Options
    Ive lost over a stone. And i wear a heart rate monitor.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I've trained 5-6 days a week for about 1.5-2 hours, but not for a calorie burn. It was heavy lifting with long rest periods, and eating maintenance cals (2600). Still got burned out. Down to 4 days again.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly a stone is 14lbs. So for six months you have lost .5lb a week. Nothing wrong with that amount but in my head it doesn't match up with the info.

You eat 1350 calories a day minus the 1000 calories you burn which leaves you with 350 calories for bodily functions and everyday living activities. Let's say your BMR is around 1550. 350(available calories) - 1550(BMR) = -1200 (calories that you don't have to nourish your bodily functions just to survive and stay healthy).

Putting all that aside...if you are only netting 350 calories you should have lost way more than a stone.

How are you tracking your calorie intake?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Insain1 wrote: »
    What do u do 6 days a week at the gym out of curiosity?cwolfman 13

I lift 3x weekly following a non linear undulating periodization scheme. I'm also a cyclist and follow a program laid out by my coach to make me a better cyclists...some rides are long, some rides are shorter high intensity rides...hill repeats...recovery rides....tempo rides, etc. I follow a program designed to improve my fitness and make me a better rider...I train for my fitness and health, not some arbitrary energy expenditure.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    When I was losing weight (maintaining now, so I'm not doing this anymore) I did cardio every day for 2 hours, burning about 800 calories per session, eating about 1,400 a day, so netting about 800 intake, which came to about 1,000 calorie or more daily deficit. It was very hard to keep that sort of routine up, but I was extremely determined to lose the weight. I would not recommend anyone to do what I did, but since it was very short term, I do not feel any negative effects from it. I have since readjusted my exercise to about 30-60 minutes about 5 days a week, and eat about 1,500-1,600 calories a day.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I train to my objectives. Sometimes 200-300 calories, sometimes 2000.

The main thing is a sensible deficit, and my performance improvement.
  • dfc4
    dfc4 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi , i have trained every day (with one or two days off if i have too little time) since beginning of august 2016
    I train in my home gym, do Controlled Fatigue Mondays wednesdays & fridays (cardio intervalls followed by strength stamina functional training) takes about 30 - 40 minutes.
    Tue & thursdays 20 minutes easy cardio with core & coordination work.
    Sat & sun i do pole running (like cross country skiing withiout the skis) for 60 minutes.
    I also do intermittant fsating (only eat from 12:30 till 17:00 and i train frist thin in the morning (on an empty stomache.
    I don't count calories but eat (in my eating phase) two big meals...basically i eat 2 times a day untill a am full up.
    on most days it is probably about 2500 cals.

Training is very intense but short (max 40 minutes) so i am probably olny burnung about 200 - 300 cals through sport.

i was eating more or less the same amount before i started my current training plan and was maintaining my weight (which was around 96 kg) so my calorie deficit is not through cutting down on food but through the training. a calorie deficit of about 300 - 400 cals per day should be enough to give you a constant weight loss over a longer time span.

The big problem with longer training sessions (over 90 minutes) they will "although you burn off lots of cals whilst training" in the long run slow down your metabolism. so by training long sessions and keeping your calorie intake low you are actually teaching your body to stay alive on less energy input.
    I personally think that this is not a good idea in the long run if you are training to lose weight.

Somewhat shorter (45 - max 60 minutes) of more intensive training and "up" your protien intake so your calorie deficit is about 400 cals is a better soloution if you want to train 5 - 7 days a week.
    This way you will have much more "active" energy burning tissue (muscle, cardio Vascular) which speeds up your metabolism.