Coffee?

Options
2»

Replies

• Espresso345
    Espresso345 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    COFFEE IS THE DRINK OF THE GODS.

Ahem. If I'm giving up soda and sugar and trying to eat lots of veggies and healthy whole grains - I am going to indulge myself with one cup of coffee (with cream) in the morning.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. I love it. Will never ever give it up.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Touch my coffee, I will cut you.

I generally drink a homemade americano, black. If I'm feeling like putting in effort I hand grind some beans and use the Aeropress we have. Today my husband made me a latte with 4oz of steamed milk and 1 shot of espresso. My other 3 cups were my standard americano. :P

Kona beans are bliss.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Coffe is ok if it's black and bitter. If it's brown and sweet, it's a problem for calorie counting people who want to lose weight.
  • Pseudocyber
    Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    The only "vice" I have left is coffee ... I drink it black now. It's a lot easier to order & fix ... :smiley:
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 cups of coffee every day with 2 tsp sugar and 2 tbsp half and half. That is 140 calories that I can easily fit in and for me it is non negotiable . Coffee is fine, just make sure if you are adding things to it you log the calories.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

I generally drink a homemade americano, black. If I'm feeling like putting in effort I hand grind some beans and use the Aeropress we have. Today my husband made me a latte with 4oz of steamed milk and 1 shot of espresso. My other 3 cups were my standard americano. :P

Kona beans are bliss.

I don't know. That's some 'murrican processed coffee you're drinking there, dudette. Them chemikillz are gonna get you. /s
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Coffe is ok if it's black and bitter. If it's brown and sweet, it's a problem for calorie counting people who want to lose weight.

It's only a problem if they don't track it and include it (or them!) in their allotment for the day. :)

I do I.F. 16:8, so my first meal of the day is usually around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. But a morning without a cuppa?

Ain't gonna happen in my lifetime. ;)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my coffee like I want my women.... strong, hot & bitter.
  • Shehulk33
    Shehulk33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have drank coffee since I was a teen. Everytime I have lost weight I STILL have my coffee, with cream and sugar. If your concerned about a few cups of coffee throwing off your lifestyle, there might be bigger issues.(words straight from my trainer) I still work my butt off but coffee is my vice. I just measure both the sugar and the cream and log it. It used to be alot worse but you can slowly cut the amount to make it less in ______. If that is what you look forward to at the beginning of your day, then don't give that up. I also try to drink a glass of water both before a cup and after a cup, helps get my water in and then I typically only drink 2-3 cups of coffee. No one knows your body like you do. Good luck!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

Kona beans are bliss.

I don't know. That's some 'murrican processed coffee you're drinking there, dudette. Them chemikillz are gonna get you. /s

screen-shot-2015-11-10-at-12-58-40-pm.png?w=630&h=333

;)
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I'd say I'm all three... but I'm mostly just bitter AF. :joy:
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    i put ovaltine in mine. slightly chocolate, less milk needed . . . and a few vitamins. i'd guess that when people say that it's 'bad', it's more like they're just trying to warn you of a potential pitfall for calories.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I like my coffee like I like my women - Strong and appreciated for the massive contributions that they make both at home and in the workplace.
  • showerbeer182
    showerbeer182 Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee like...I like...my...ummm..uh...shoot...I dunno...I can't think of a comparison!
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I love it and drink it. I make cold brew coffee concentrate and mix it with my protein drink in the morning. Quite yummy like an iced coffee.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options

I like my coffee like I like my women - Strong and appreciated for the massive contributions that they make both at home and in the workplace.

It's sounds like somebody needs to switch to decaf.