Icelandic yogurt - Skyr

Options
rks581
rks581 Posts: 99 Member
This is for all you yogurt fans. I recently found a new type of yogurt, it's called Skyr and it's Icelandic style. I got it at one of the major Canadian chains, made by Shepherd Gourmet Dairy. It's got a delicious mousse-like texture and has even better nutritional numbers than Greek yogurt:

Nutrition Facts
Serving size 3/4 cup

150 calories
0 g fat (it's 0%)
15 g carbs (11 g sugar)
20 g protein

It's also probiotic. It comes in plain, vanilla and strawberry.

Replies

• megann120
    megann120 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have found it recently and I love it. I was expecting the texture to be terrible but it's not bad. I generally use it instead of creme fraich in my lunch salads with a little mayo and finally i can have the propper amount of dressing on my mixtures lol
  • LulaicaLoses
    LulaicaLoses Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've gotten into a few different yogurts last year, among them Noosa (if I remember, it's an Aussie style yogurt) and Siggi's skyr. They on different flavor ends, so they counter well when I'm in a yogurt mood. I found both of these in HEBs here in the Houston area. :)
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yeah I eat this a fair bit, excellent macros. Also Fage 0% Greek Yoghurt. I just add nuts and a dash of honey.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I eat Skyr all the time in the form of Siggi's brand. High protein, one of the lowest in grams of sugar for vanilla flavor and very thick.
  • alg42
    alg42 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Skyr is totally fabulous - favourite yoghurt by far :-)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I keep meaning to try Siggi's, but I want to pick up the plain.