HOW DO YOU TURN OFF EXERCISE CALORIES BURNED?

Options
I just want to focus on food intake. i don't want exercise calories figured in. i do not want to eat them back. help please?

Replies

• amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I would just enter 0 calories burned when you put your exercises in...
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I just enter a low calorie burn. Or pay for the premium
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Either log as 1 calorie burned, or pre-prelog your food the night before and stick to it without bothering to eat back what you've burned.

MFP was designed so that you eat a portion of your burned calories, though.
  • Sheena422
    Sheena422 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If this isn't what your meaning than I'm sorry but... I didn't want my daily goals to increase when I entered a workout ... so If you have the premium you can click explore premium and choose exercise settings and it will give you the option to turn on or off if it increases your goals when exercise in entered. I hope that helps.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to eat back exercise, don't use mfp's default calorie goals - they don't include exercise calories, so if you don't eat back exercise, they will be too low. Mfp uses the NEAT method, based on eating back exercise. What you are doing is the TDEE method, and what you need is a TDEE calorie goal. There are lots of online calculators which will do this for you and you can then enter the TDEE goal manually into Mfp.

If you don't want Mfp to add exercise calories to your goal, you need to stop logging exercise in Mfp. You're asking it to do two conflicting things - log your exercise, but don't log your exercise. If you want to keep an exercise diary for your own records, use a different app.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Easiest thing to do is to just not log exercise here.
    If you have an activity tracker synced with mfp you should unsync it I guess.
  • AriahKitsune
    AriahKitsune Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just want to focus on food intake. i don't want exercise calories figured in. i do not want to eat them back. help please?

Completely agree. Sadly, this feature is paywalled. Presumably because that helps MyFitnessPal advertise that you are x% more likely to lose weight using the premium version. Which I agree is true, if only because the app itself is no longer nudging your calorie allowance up/completely invalidating your exercise.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Completely agree. Sadly, this feature is paywalled. Presumably because that helps MyFitnessPal advertise that you are x% more likely to lose weight using the premium version. Which I agree is true, if only because the app itself is no longer nudging your calorie allowance up/completely invalidating your exercise.

This doesn't make sense on multiple levels.

First, since your calorie goal from MFP assumes you won't be doing any exercise, eating at a level appropriate for someone who is exercising isn't "invalidating" your exercise, but ensuring that you're properly fueling it.

Second, it's completely free for people to ignore their adjustments and choose to eat like someone who isn't doing exercise.
  • mdougieg5657
    mdougieg5657 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Gotta pay for the premium. But I found a way around it. My apple watch was automatically syncing my workouts to my myfitnesspal app. I went to the far right side of myfitnesspal app and selected steps, and it was linked to my apple watch and iphone. If you select "dont track steps" it won't sync to any devices and it will leave exercise out of the daily log. If you manually log a workout, it will add to diary. I hope this helps!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Stop exercising?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Gotta pay for the premium. But I found a way around it. My apple watch was automatically syncing my workouts to my myfitnesspal app. I went to the far right side of myfitnesspal app and selected steps, and it was linked to my apple watch and iphone. If you select "dont track steps" it won't sync to any devices and it will leave exercise out of the daily log. If you manually log a workout, it will add to diary. I hope this helps!

What is the point of syncing your steps and exercise here if not for calories?
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I don't log my calories burned on MFP I customized my goals and increased my activity level to active and by doing this I avoid paying premium and I am steadily losing weight. The other option is to customize your exercises and list them as 1 calorie burned.
  • DJPP42
    DJPP42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The easiest thing to do is to stop MFP from reading the exercise in the first place. For Apple, go into health, apps, scroll down to MFP, untick its ability to read steps, workouts etc. Boom, zero exercise calories.