Replies

• scot04
    scot04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I'm in!
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am in! I re-started watching my eating a month ago but can't seem to get my butt moving so this would be a great motivator for me to get going!
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i'm in! I need a fresh start and i think setting a start Aug 1st is an awesome idea. will there be a new group to post weekly check ins? maybe some smaller groups? i've never done this before on a forum

Pro tip: start today. No better yet, start yesterday. Prolonging only leads to not beginning ever. Start today. It will feel good AND yield better/sooner results. Good luck, you can do it!

I agree but I have a cold/sore throat and just feel like poop so I am going to wait until this goes away. I know I should work through it and I would if it was something I was already doing but starting i will just wait.
  • mar2124
    mar2124 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    PLEASE COUNT ME IN....
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'll play along.
  • kimkim2014
    kimkim2014 Posts: 29
    Options
    Count me in
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • GlassSlipperGurl
    GlassSlipperGurl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Let's do it!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not. Count me in
  • Gwynniemom
    Gwynniemom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll play! I'm at my halfway mark so I could use a push!
  • Itlnchk
    Itlnchk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Im in!
  • lycheenmango
    lycheenmango Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • rachaelruth3
    rachaelruth3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • Katey12891
    Katey12891 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    yes im in too. Everyone seems to be birthday in august. Me too!
  • HeatherHoskins
    HeatherHoskins Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am in , I also need some accountability and some motivation
  • eroyboy93
    eroyboy93 Posts: 32
    Options
    August 2013 Weight loss Challenge!

Hey guys and girls! It is almost August so I hope everyone is gearing up now :)

I'm just going to run through the rules, they will be quite simple & easy to follow. Before I go in to this, it is important that everybody be completely honest with your results. It is not the end of the world if you gain, it is okay if you don't lose or gain and it is AWESOME if you lose weight! Just be honest. It will make this competition fair for everyone :)

Alrighty, so how will it work?

Everyone will weigh in on the following dates:

Round 0: 1st of August
    Round 1: 8th of August
    Round 2: 15th of August
    Round 3: 22nd of August
    Round 4(FINAL): 31st of August.

Obviously we all live in different places around the world, so just weigh in on those dates for you and I will post the round winners within a day or two of the end of the round.

When you submit your results, state your:

- name
    - how much you have lost
    - and determine the weight loss percentage using this link: http://weight-loss-percentage.com (please include your running total using your starting weight from round 0 as well as your round total using your starting weight from the previous round).

PLEASE NOTE: To enable us to determine a round winner, please use your starting weight from the weight of the previous round. E.g. To get my weight loss percentage for round 3, my start weight would be my weight at round 2 and my current weight would be whatever I weighed in on the 22nd of August.

As some may use imperial while others will use the metric system, it would be great if you could include both units to make it easier for me :)

At the end of each round I will post a leader board for females, males and overall. As previously stated, this will be the winner for the round. I will also post a running leader board for the three categories of each round.

To keep it simple for me, it would be great if everyone could only make one post each round until the leader boards are posted by me. It will mean I won't have to dig through this topic and will be able to get everyone's results. Also, please make your weigh in posts as quickly as you can so you don't miss the round. Cut off will be 24 hours after the first post is made :)

PRIZES you say? Well, at the moment there is no physical prize that you will receive. What you will get out of it is less fat, more muscle and the awesome feeling of accomplishing something. I would argue that that is better than anything else.

If you need me to clarify anything, please ask me and I will do my best!

On a final note, I wish everybody good luck and I really hope this will help everyone with their weight loss journey. Feel free to post tips & motivation and lets kick butt together!

- Elly

P.s. Feel free to add me and follow me on 20to8journey.tumblr.com (I post daily).
  • weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! But you'd have to fill me in on where it is haha cause I'm not very well versed in this site yet. :P

40391093.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • LivvieO
    LivvieO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Count me in :drinker:
  • tyeshaflowers7
    Options
    I'm a newbie and I'm in!!!!
  • trolly91
    trolly91 Posts: 21 Member
    Options