Noob looking for mentor

Options
Hi, I'm Tina. I'm 34 and live in WV. I'm kind of a "noob" here, and I would love to have a mentor. I have used MFP on and off over the years but have never taken it very seriously. I have been fairly active all my life, but I have also been overweight the majority of that time. I like sports and exercising, but I tend to like food more.

I had ACL reconstruction surgery six months ago, and I've had trouble losing weight ever since. I've been slacking on my physical therapy for a couple months now, and a result, I'm back to my heaviest weight ever and my knee is paying the price. I am 5'3" and as of this past Monday, I weighed 248 lbs.

I know I have a long road ahead of me, but I'm determined to get back on track and stay there. I started tracking again this week, using the IIFYM (macros) eating plan, and I plan to start back to physical therapy next week and possibly join a gym in a month or two.

I'd love to have a mentor who would review my diary and share suggestions and tips. If you're also using IIFYM, all the better. But mostly I'd just like a friend - someone who will check on me now and then and keep me accountable. :)

Replies

• mrramsey1969
    mrramsey1969 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I dropped 48lbs here a few years ago then got off track after a few life events. Been rolling downhill since. Jumped back on here a week ago. I don't follow any pre-made plan but stick to my goals and get exercise. I don't go to a gym, that never seems to work for me. I just don't like it. We have a treadmill and a 95lb dog I am getting back into the habit of walking (27 miles this week and counting). I track my exercise and activity with a Garmin Forerunner. I keep my diary open and track daily. I try to stay away from processed foods as much as possible and just make good choices in general. I plan to expand my exercises in the future for a little strength training at home. My oldest son is a certified trainer and olympic lifter and passes advice and guidance to me all the time. Feel free to add as a friend if you like.