300 pound me...

Hello I am currently intermittent fasting but I'm not seeing results can someone give a dieter some advice

Replies

• TinaMarie2982
    TinaMarie2982 Posts: 3 Member
    Sure, what is your eating range? I'm doing 16:8 and seeing great results, but I'm also trying to stay low carb.
  • missteena88
    missteena88 Posts: 153 Member
    Make sure you're still logging your calories. You could easily consume more calories than needed during your eating periods, which will mean no weight loss. I've been IF for almost a year. When I stop tracking, I lose very little to none. When I track, the pounds disappear like a freeloader when the bill comes.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Use the food diary on mfp to accurately record your food. Eat up to but not over the calories recommended for your weight loss goals. Drink at least 64 oz of water each day. Do some exercise.

Intermittent fasting only works if you do it in a calorie deficit.

Paleo only works if you do it in a calorie deficit.

Keto only works if you do it in a calorie deficit. (But protein has a really cool 30% thermic effect of food, so you can eat more, if that really is what floats your boat).

All the famous diets in all the famous books only work if you do it in a calorie deficit.