21 down- Hoping to be a kidney donor :)

Options
My mini goal is almost here!! I have 9 more pounds until I can try and test to be my mom's kidney donor. I used to be 155lbs in high school, size 4 pants, very athletic and when I graduated I ballooned to 230 size 14 pants. I am Now down to 209 and can't wait to keep achieving my goals. Hoping to get down to 160 or whatever my clothes feel like! My biggest goal will be if and when I can donate!!! :#

Replies

• MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    How wonderful for you and your mother!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal progress and worthy goal! I'm sure your mom really appreciates your efforts! :-)
  • Alli4Chocolate
    Alli4Chocolate Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    God bless you!!
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    You're such an awesome person.
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful gift... you've got this!!!
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm trying g to be a kidney donor too!! My husband's step mom's sister (my step aunt in law?) Has been on the list for 2.5 years. Good luck hun!!
  • agereaix
    agereaix Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    well done and all the best for you and your mom!
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    that is great good for you!. my dad needs a kidney but due to a health condition I couldn't donate. I so hope you are a match for your mom or you can do tje swop program and your mom will get her match!!
  • amypixton2010
    amypixton2010 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is such a great, loving motivation. I am a kidney donor so if you have any questions, I'm available.
    If you have thyroid issues message me! I have a long story, but it might be helpful :)
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful selfless gift and your story is so inspiring to me.

You have made amazing progress and your motivation is so life changing for both you and your Mum.

I would like to wish you and your Mother all the very best. <3
  • Rbusch34
    Rbusch34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. I am a kidney donor also. This year makes 4 years since the surgery and it was the best decision I have made. My sister is Healthy and thriving. Wish you all the best. If you have questions I can help too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!