Options
2»

Replies

• cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    srecupid wrote: »
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    You have to tell yourself hit the holidays and bday have been fun...and they're definitely there to be enjoyed, but now...it's over. The holidays are over. Your bday is over. And it's time to get back on track. Then...you just do it.

Yeah I think the problem is that I tasted (no pun intended) a sample of what I could be eating and then sorta rebelled against the prospect of going back to normal. I'm also somewhere is the mid ground between skinny and fat. I'm 5"10 170 as of this morning (like 160 a week or two ago and not sure if it's permanent or what. Anyway striving for something is easy. Maintaining is hard because I feel like I should be done punishing myself after losing all the weight and to me normal calories feels restrictive after binging so often in the past

I totally get that. I lost 45lbs and then intentionally gained 10 back (trying a bulk). It was really hard getting myself back into a deficit after loosening the reins for 5mos and enjoying having more food and snacks.

It's hard and it's an ongoing battle for a lot of us. Believe me....I would love to sit with a half gallon of ice cream and a spoon....all the time. LOL! You can do this though. You just have to get your mojo back.
  • dawnda1234
    dawnda1234 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Maintance is not that different from weight loss. Your just adding a few extra calories. You might want to try a Fitbit and sync it to fitness pal to measure calories in vs calories out. This way you can figure out a diet that includes daily "snacks" rather than bingeing off the grid and gaining weight. It's all about moderation. You really have to take the time to put together a new, sustainable diet that works for you and stick to that diet.