Yogis and Fitness

Hello Any yogis out there who is similar like me? I practice yoga daily at the yoga club and home. The reason I create MyFitnessPal is to keep track of my eating habits and at the same time meeting new friends who are into yoga and fitness:) I thought it would be good to have friends different parts of the world that can exchange view and opinion about fitness (physically, mentally and spiritually). Add or message me, hear you all soon:)

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    Me! I practice almost daily ! Feel free to add me
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    i am a daily hot power vinyasa flow yogi! have been for years. it helps all aspects of body, mind, and soul!
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    I practice daily at the gym (yoga and Flow classes). In training to become a yoga teacher, I'm loving every minute of it!
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    what style of yoga do you want to teach?
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Iyengar makes the most sense to me. I'd like to have a range of students from beginner to advanced.
  • PhilippaFonda
    PhilippaFonda Posts: 4 Member
    Hey, Fellow Yoga lover here. I am not a veggie, though I am now trying to keep animal consumption low. Where are you all with that?
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited January 2017
    . sorry not, wrong forum wrong topic oops
  • Obxdee
    Obxdee Posts: 25 Member
    Practice daily, and I am super excited that there are so many curvy options for yogis with fuller bodies! Reasons I love yoga ..... #loveyourbody #nothingtoprove #leaveitonyourmat
  • MsAmandaNJ
    @PhilippaFonda I'm an omnivore, I eat some type of meat daily - beef, chicken, pork, fish. I am open to trying a vegetarian lifestyle, although I wonder how long I'd be able to stick with it. I suppose as long as I have a plan laid out, it'd be easier. The hubs has been talking about considering it, maybe a week trial wouldn't be so bad.
  • Hello yogis, Glad to be reading all your comments:) Before this I'm a "Chickenise" (just a term I use for myself :# ) & not until I watch 'Samsara' (anyone watch?), I completely got affected by it:D I stop eating Chicken but slowly-slowly I manage to open up and eat chicken again after 5months. However it wasn't the same as before and I eat less chicken now. By nature I only eat chicken, seafood, vegetables and fruits:)

Anyone into 'Organic' food? I'm in it but very challenging due to many factors (eg: cost, environment, time, etc) What about you guys?
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Even if I could afford to go organic, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to pay those prices - I'm a cheap-o. I was FLOORED when I saw a pound of organic butter going for $12. Perhaps if I was raised on organic food, I might be open to it, but I feel I'm fine with any preservatives and pesticides I ingest (I don't rinse my fruit or vegetables unless they're dirty).
  • johnnylloyd0618
    johnnylloyd0618 Posts: 303 Member
    It seems (for me) running and yoga have been a good match. Love both and both have truly complimented each other.
  • kzooyogi
    kzooyogi Posts: 121 Member
    I am a power vinyasa yogi (and teacher)! Truly the best thing that has ever happened to me :)
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    I love yoga! and I'm a runner. Like mentioned before they are awesome compliments to one another. I'm just really bad at being consistent with my yoga because it's harder to see improvements like I see with running.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I do power vinyasa twice a week, a restorative once a week (at a studio), and Pilates twice a week (a class offered by my employer, a university). I'm also a slow, but steady, runner.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Me! I go to the studio 4-5 times a week for class. I started to help my back. The bonus was, my tension headaches also cleared up. Been at it about 10 months, studio and practicing at home and it's become a major part of my life.

I was in maintenance when I started and the yoga was responsible for additional fat loss, especially in my arms and back.

I eat everything!
  • JKinHalfMoonBay
    JKinHalfMoonBay Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2017
    Vinyasa flow practice here. I practice in studio or workshops as much as possible and do daily classes at home on Yogaglo. Glad to meet some fellow yogis! I'm not a vegetarian but do focus on organic and pastured foods in my home cooking. Namaste.
  • johnnylloyd0618
    johnnylloyd0618 Posts: 303 Member
    I love yoga! and I'm a runner. Like mentioned before they are awesome compliments to one another. I'm just really bad at being consistent with my yoga because it's harder to see improvements like I see with running.
    yes but a lot of the improvement comes from the yoga
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    ^^^ Yogi