Patterns...

Options
trudijoy
trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
So I've been monitoring things as you do, and I've noticed that I tend to lose for 3-4 weeks really consistently, then nothing for 3-4 weeks, then lose again....

I know there is no right or wrong way for this to go and I've accepted this is mine, but I'm interested as to what other peoples patterns look like?

Replies

• redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've been watching my patterns for a while now too and discovered that it looks much like a staircase. I don't lose anything for 3 weeks, then bam week 4 = 2-3lbs loss. I don't understand it, I am consistent, just seems to be my pattern. As annoying as it is 🙄
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,575 Member
    Options
    During loss, an overall downhill trend, with whacky ups and downs day to day.

This is what it looked like (in Libra, the weight trending app for Android), once I started using the trending app partway through weight loss. The solid line is the trend, a statistical smoothed thing. The vertical lines connect each daily weigh-in to the trend line. You can see that the daily weights were pretty bumpy, right?
    aiz8di4roky4.png
    I didn't plateau, really, ever . . . but I'm a post-menopausal woman, so I don't have the hormonal issues that younger women do, related to water retention cycles. I did lose too fast for good health for a while in there (don't do that - it's a bad plan!).

Maintenance since is just the whacky ups and downs daily, with a (sort of) bumpy level trend (partly, that's because I calorie bank, eat unevenly).