Down 65 lbs, but needing some additional motivation & tips!

Options
2»

Replies

• birdtobe
    birdtobe Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic! Nice work!
  • Calyse90
    Calyse90 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Girl You Look GOOD!!!!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm definitely trying to change the shape of my body with lifting. I allowed myself to eat a higher calorie count to hit my weight in grams of protein, and that's where I ended up at the 145 lbs purple pants photo. I'm just not sure if I should be eating to gain muscle or eating to lose weight, since I actually want to do both! The last two days I've been eating at a deficit, so I've ended up around 1,100 calories a day, but my protein is only around 90g a day. According to a robot scale I used my BMR is 1,450, and I'm not eating back exercise calories either.

That's my goal too.. to continue to lose while "gaining" muscle. I'm following (just REALLY started) a progressive weight lifting program (with some modifications) while lifting in a small deficit.. a few hundred calories less than maintenance per day.. I was hungry as heck when I started increasing my runs, but now that I'm eating enough protein I'm less hungry and already seeing some "liftage" going on in some important areas.. and it's Not just all in my mind as a couple folks close to me have commented. Lol The scale is holding steady at 140 but I Know some of it is water retention due to increasing my weights so I'm gong to ride this out and see how I look and feel six weeks form now. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!