Physical Thearpy Assistant?

Options
ChelzFit
ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
Anyone here a PTA? I am a SAHM of two and have my masters in Elementary Education. I want to return to work, but not to thrilled to return to teaching. I am looking into going back to school to get my degree within the medical field. I have considered becoming an RN, but a PTA looks a little more appealing to me. If I decide to go back to school my kids will be in full time day care so I will just be a full time student. Any advice? Is the program hard?

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Ignore cutaway. You don't have to stick to a career you don't want. If you have the means to afford daycare and school full time, that's great. And yeah the program is probably hard. I'd suggest maybe start as part time. Work but take a few classes to make sure it's something you can do. But if you want to go all in, go for it.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't need to take out any loans, I am blessed that we make enough that I am able to afford to go back to school. My husband just wants me to find something that I enjoy and I wasn't very happy teaching.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    PTA before RN. Way better hours, equal if not more pay. School is way easier than nursing school.