Shorties like me under 5'5 positive vibes only!

Options

Replies

• jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" with about 40 pounds to lose, but I'm also hypothyroid which makes it EXTREMELY difficult to lose weight. Trying very hard to stay positive, but some days are more difficult than others. I have an open diary and feel free to add me :)
  • jroth261
    jroth261 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Anyone care to share their plan of attack this weekend?

My weekend is technically Sunday & Monday. Sunday I will pick up on the C25K (will be unseasonably warm in PA!). Later have a nice restaurant dinner with BF and my 'rents, though I won't go too crazy.
    Monday prob nice weather again, so thinking making small daytrip to popular hiking spot around waterfalls. Not sure there will be much water flowing though haha but it will be motivation to move then I can hit local artisan coffee shop for a little pick me up. Good coffee is always a nice reward B)
  • jroth261
    Options
    jennylm87 wrote: »
    I'm 5'3" with about 40 pounds to lose, but I'm also hypothyroid which makes it EXTREMELY difficult to lose weight. Trying very hard to stay positive, but some days are more difficult than others. I have an open diary and feel free to add me :)

As if losing wasn't frustrating enough by itself! Do meds not help all that much then?
    I find short term goals are just as important as the long term ones (you can't get somewhere without definitive directions), and it's especially helpful to include ones that aren't focused on weight loss so you don't lose your mind when you're not scoring a win with the scale or tape measure!
  • WW1984
    WW1984 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You ladies are TALL compared to me! :(

Height: 4'11"
    Start Weight: 146 lbs since 9/17/2016
    Current Weight: 116 lbs
    Ultimate Weight: 105 lbs

Losing 10 more lbs should shed the remaining fat around my [still] problematic areas such as my stomach, back and thighs. :s
  • jenniferj0417
    jenniferj0417 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I spent the last 4 days overindulging in homemade cookies and cocktails. Gained 4 lbs. Figured I would beat myself up for a day and then figure out how I am going to take off the 4 lbs.

I did the same thing last week! Don't feel bad! It's so crazy how 1 binge can make us gain so much weight. I gained 5 pounds that weekend! Sometimes we just have to indulge. We will get back on track!
  • mrsd1969
    mrsd1969 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5'3 and know exactly what you are saying. I lost 50lbs ( current weight 126lbs) 16 months ago and have managed to maintain but it's hard work.
    I still track my CICO as I can look at food and put weight on.
    I do try to make healthy choices but chocolate is a must.
    In order for me to both lose and keep my weight off I had to start walking and exercising to increase my calories burned.
    Good luck, you can do it if you really want to.
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm 43 yrs old, 5'4" and weigh 145. I'd like to lose 10 lbs but it's stubborn. 20 years ago, before kids, I weighed 125. But I don't think my body will go back there again. Please feel free to add me, I'm committed and motivated to get fit!
  • jroth261
    Options
    Hi all. I'm 43 yrs old, 5'4" and weigh 145. I'd like to lose 10 lbs but it's stubborn. 20 years ago, before kids, I weighed 125. But I don't think my body will go back there again. Please feel free to add me, I'm committed and motivated to get fit!

Don't get too ahead of yourself yet. I've seen enough other women on here that have had kids and they've made incredible transformations! They all seem to include strength training in addition to or instead of cardio.
  • _tesan
    _tesan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! We do not have similar goals as I am trying to maintain my weight & maybe gain muscle weight, instead of losing weight.. but I like the idea of positive vibes and motivation! :smile: Im 5'3 so I understand how easily it is for weight to fluctuate for us.... I hope we can be motivation to each other even though our goals are different!! :)
  • jroth261
    Options
    _tesan wrote: »
    Hello! We do not have similar goals as I am trying to maintain my weight & maybe gain muscle weight, instead of losing weight.. but I like the idea of positive vibes and motivation! :smile: Im 5'3 so I understand how easily it is for weight to fluctuate for us.... I hope we can be motivation to each other even though our goals are different!! :)

Awesome for you! Down with skinny fat! :D How are you thinking of approaching your goal?
  • jroth261
    Options
    hhof wrote: »
    I am 5'2" and when I started my MFP plan I was almost 200 pounds and just prior to starting it I was actually over 200. Since then with the help of MFP, working out and my commitment to myself I have been successful in shedding about 50 lbs. I used to belong to the YMCA but I at the first of the year I cancelled my membership. I was so scared that I wouldn't stay committed but I have, I work out at home 5 to 6 times a week on a treadmill and to a DVD and log everyday and am down to my last 10 pounds.
    Feel free to add me, I'd love to share with you!

That's outstanding progress! I'm sure it took a lot of patience. I'm glad you found the motivation to pursue the workouts at home. I could never see myself joining a gym in the near future. I would not be into driving out of my way to work out unless it's to a nature trail. Plus I like being able to throw whatever is comfortable on at home without worrying too much how dorky I look. But some ppl are into the social aspect of gyms. Are you planning on joining again soon?
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    _tesan wrote: »

Amazing! We can definitely be great motivation for each other!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    hhof wrote: »
    I am 5'2" and when I started my MFP plan I was almost 200 pounds and just prior to starting it I was actually over 200. Since then with the help of MFP, working out and my commitment to myself I have been successful in shedding about 50 lbs. I used to belong to the YMCA but I at the first of the year I cancelled my membership. I was so scared that I wouldn't stay committed but I have, I work out at home 5 to 6 times a week on a treadmill and to a DVD and log everyday and am down to my last 10 pounds.
    Feel free to add me, I'd love to share with you!

That is very inspiring! Great job on your weight loss! I can't wait to get to my last 10 pounds. Simply amazing!
  • bossymom15
    bossymom15 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Uhhh. Sick again. It's wrecking my workouts, but I'm still tracking!
  • flutatious1
    flutatious1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    For the first time in 5+ years I have lost 2lbs in a week. I feel awesome!!!! I'm addicted now to working out and feeling really motivated!!!
    I'm 4'11" and just hit 158.... haven't weighed that since before I had babies. I'm gonna lose 30 more I think. Please add me if you're looking for more support - I could use some new motivated vertically challenged friends
  • alfalfasprout
    alfalfasprout Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    I am about 5'3 and gain weight very easily! It is so frustrating. I am looking to lose about 30lbs, but I also want to keep my muscle mass, so I will aim to lose slowly.
    Feel free to add me too! I love the idea of this thread.
  • TurquoiseTen
    TurquoiseTen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For the first time, I've hit the 200's and need to get back down to onederland. Height 5'4" and gain weight easily. Also lose it easily (when I change my food habits) Looking for motivation and to motivate!
  • mtroth317
    mtroth317 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'2" and about 145. I'm struggling with weighing myself...don't like it at all. I think I'd rather weigh-in once a month or so and pay attention to other measurements or how my clothes fit in between. I struggle with being super motivated for a couple of weeks, then I go back to unmotivated. Total yo yo! Overall, I'm super happy with my body, so my goal is to live to 100 (hee hee), which means a lower BMI and healthy lifestyle.

I generally eat well, but I have to exercise way more! Time management is also an issue for me. Looking to connect with other shorties and read all your inspiration. :)