What is the healthiest way to eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've dabbled in using meat substitutes but feel like the whole processed food thing makes it worse than eating actual meat... so I'm torn because I don't want to fill my body with garbage but can't stand meat

I don't like meat and neither does my daughter. There's only one meat substitute we like, and that's Beyond Beef crumbles.

Other than that, our protein comes from cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, lentils, various beans and bean pastas, and eggs and egg whites with smaller amounts coming from whole grains and nuts. We round out our menus with plenty of vegetables and tubers, some fruit, and have occasional splurges like cookies or ice cream.

I feel like eating like that is the healthiest diet (not necessarily the vegetarian part). It's a good mix of nourishing food along with some indulgences along the way (because life is short and we eat good food the majority of the time) and everything is about balance.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I want some opinions. No right or wrong answers. What do you think is the healthiest way to eat? What's the most sustainable? What's the cheapest?

I'm a mother of soon to be 3 (2 plus 1 baking) and want to prepare the best foods for my family with out breaking the bank or depriving of nutrients. I am currently plant based and since finding out I'm pregnant fear that it is not sustainable because simply I've been wanting eggs for breakfast haha

Let's see what everyone thinks!

For me-I eat a varied diet and haven't cut out any of the foods I like, I've just learned how to fit them into my calorie goals. I eat veggies, whole grains, lean meats, fish, eggs and fruit. I also eat fast food, 'processed' foods, drink diet soda, foods with added sugar, chips etc.

I've lost around 50lbs, am in excellent health by every marker my doctor uses and I'm one of the very few people who are successfully maintaining the weight loss-going on 4 years now (I'm also a participant of the NWCR).

I'm doing things in a realistic and sustainable way for me, for the next 40+ years :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    I want some opinions. No right or wrong answers. What do you think is the healthiest way to eat? What's the most sustainable? What's the cheapest?

I'm a mother of soon to be 3 (2 plus 1 baking) and want to prepare the best foods for my family with out breaking the bank or depriving of nutrients. I am currently plant based and since finding out I'm pregnant fear that it is not sustainable because simply I've been wanting eggs for breakfast haha

Pop Tarts ?
  • kyliempressnell1229
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Pop Tarts ?