Ulnar nerve trapped - help!

Options
I wonder if any physios out there can help? I've got pins and needles in my left hand down my little finger and ring finger, I believe it's trapped ulnar nerve. I've had it happen before and gone after a couple of days, but it's been five days now and it's driving me potty!
I'm guessing I may have trapped it during exercise, I'm currently doing T25 gamma round which involves alot of weights and burpee moves, suddenly down on the floor on wrists etc. so I think I must have trapped it during Thursday's workout.
Seeing as I can't get a GP appointment until Friday (at which they'll be of no help anyway) I'm wondering if I should lay off the T25 or continue as normal to try and release the nerve? I really don't want to stop the programme but also obviously don't want to do any damage. I have strength in my fingers still just quite numb so I want to try and keep moving as much as possible. Any help/tips welcome!

Replies

• crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    'I'm a physio!'

Actually, I'm not. I am a nurse though ... or am I?

No one on the internet whatever their claimed expertise can or should give you medical advice.

I hope the parasthesia goes away and is something simple as you suspect.

(OMG maybe it's a stroke or MS, how could anyone here diagnose and advise you?!)

You need to either use your own judgement or get a formal medical/physio opinion.

I suspect you know this.

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    As a severe carpal tunnel sufferer that sounds very familiar. Look up carpal tunnel stretches, that will help a lot. You may need to wear a brace/splint for a while as well (look up carpal tunnel braces on amazon). If that doesn't help, a doc is what you're looking for.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yes, lay off the T25.
    Do you sleep with your wrists or elbows folded up? That can pinch the ulnar nerve.
    Also see if you have a strange lump along your wrist (google "ganglion cyst"). Burpees can cause that. :+1:
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I've had cubital tunnel (ulner nerve) and carpal tunnel surgeries. It is wise not to do anything that aggravates it
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    As a severe carpal tunnel sufferer that sounds very familiar. Look up carpal tunnel stretches, that will help a lot. You may need to wear a brace/splint for a while as well (look up carpal tunnel braces on amazon). If that doesn't help, a doc is what you're looking for.

Little finger and ring finger is definitely ulner nerve (cubital tunnel) not carpal tunnel. Carpal is the other side of your hand (thumb, etc)
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I contused my left ulnar nerve playing rugby in college (it took almost six months for it to fully recover)....the quickest and most cost effective option for me was the local urgent care...xrays were included to rule out a break or fracture. I would hold off on the T25 until you're able to have it checked out...you don't want to cause more damage.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »

Little finger and ring finger is definitely ulner nerve (cubital tunnel) not carpal tunnel. Carpal is the other side of your hand (thumb, etc)

My bad.
  • MichaelJSwann
    MichaelJSwann Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It could be in your neck. I had problems with my left hand a year ago. It was caused by the combination of poor bike fit and doing too much too soon on my new road bike. I had issues with my left hand being weak and uncoordinated as both ulnar and median nerves were affected. Some time off the bike, physio and a proper fit sorted me out.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    5 days- really?

that's a damn good sign you need to go to your actual doctor- not check an on line forum.
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Can you see a chiropractor? They should be able yo fix you pretty quickly.