Bodyweight Training and Bat Arms

Options
samoejr
samoejr Posts: 30 Member
edited January 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Is bodyweight sufficient for toning bat arms? I've seen people who have had great results with weight lifting in this regard, but I'm on travel and it's snowing here with no gyms around, so I'd like to squeeze in some resistance training at home. Do you think bodyweight will be enough or should I invest in some dumbbells/kettlebells?

My goal is to lose around 40 pounds of fat and build some muscle as I'm rather on the saggy side. And yes I'm counting calories and maintaining a caloric deficit of at least 500 calories.

Anyone had success with YAYOG or Convict Conditioning?

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    If your "bat arms" are caused by fat then you will need to lose fat for a prolonged period of time until they go however if they are loose skin then you can only wait for the skin to tighten up. Lifting is good but not magical.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I started out needing to lose about 45lbs. Once I hit my goal a lot of that arm flab disappeared. I still have some fat and a bit of loose skin there, so they don't look perfect now but it's still much better.

I primarily use weights when I workout, but anything bodyweight that's hitting the triceps will serve you well. As far as the two programs, I don't think one is superior the other.

The fat loss is what will make the biggest difference in appearance at this point though.