Use weights or not to use weights.

Options
2»

Replies

• CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Yes lift weights! The best way to reshape your body is to lift weights. Your body fat doesn't transform into muscle. The fat cells shrink in size and your muscle fibers will grow. Very difficult to build muscle while you are cutting, but yes lift and lift heavy.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    evileen99 wrote: »
    weights_zps77901ae3.jpg

smh..I wish people would stop with this...it takes a lot of work to get to either one of those...just lifting weights will not do it.

OP I Have lifted since I joined MFP (within a couple months anyway) and what it does is help you maintain the muscle you have and maybe build small amounts (newbie gains) but don't be fooled into thinking that it's the end all to be all...

It's great don't get me wrong but you need a good balance...the deficit in calories is what makes you lose weight, the lifting helps you lose mainly fat...

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    evileen99 wrote: »
    weights_zps77901ae3.jpg

smh..I wish people would stop with this...it takes a lot of work to get to either one of those...just lifting weights will not do it.

OP I Have lifted since I joined MFP (within a couple months anyway) and what it does is help you maintain the muscle you have and maybe build small amounts (newbie gains) but don't be fooled into thinking that it's the end all to be all...

It's great don't get me wrong but you need a good balance...the deficit in calories is what makes you lose weight, the lifting helps you lose mainly fat...

I was actually going to say my physique is almost identical to the right and it's frustrating because I don't think that's really a "fit" look. In other words, it's not really a "better" photo than the left.

P.s. This is not a humble brag either. In my opinion women look "fit" when they have a greater contrast in their delts, delineated abdominals, clear separation in their vastus medialis and hamstrings. I've been lifting since 2011 (with a 6 month break in the middle for an injury) and I am a personal trainer.

Somehow I can't ever break past this level of physique, like ever. This isn't a really encouraging photo at all. =\