Does Fitbit One work with Windows 7?

Options
OK, so I just got my Fitbit One, went to the site it told me on the instructions, in order to set it up. I click "Agree" to terms and conditions. Then it says "Oh no, we couldn't sync with your PC, you'll have to redownload blah blah" so I redownload it, and it tells me the same thing :\

Am I missing something here?

Replies

• ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    I had no problems with W7. Downloaded the sync program and ran it on the PC, connected the WIFI link thingy, and then switched on the Fitbit, ran the sync program and it all worked.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    It says "The background sync service isn't working on my computer" then tells me to reinstall it!

I'll give it another try!
  • ron2e
    Options
    Silly question, but after you downloaded it (FitbitConnect_Win_20130226_1.0.0.2578.exe) did you run it? You should after it installs and runs get a menu up offering to Setup a new Fitbit device or Sync now. Go for the first option and make sure the wifi dongle is in your USB port and the Fitbit switched on.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I did all that, still I got the same message.

I have just noticed a sign on the website, stating the engineers are "aware" of a sync problem regarding the "Fitbit connect" so hopefully it's just that.

I'll give it another try this evening when I have more time.
  • ron2e
    Options
    Ah sounds like you did everything right and the problem is with Fitbit. You should be OK once they have that sorted out hopefully!