Bruising???

Options
Okay, so hubby a month ago after lifting hubby got a bruise on forearm. Looked really bad so I had him go to the doc. She hadn't seen anything like it, ran a bunch of tests and everything came back fine. It went away and that was that. Well, Saturday evening after lifting that morning, I developed a long bruise that traveled down my thigh along the vein. So, totally weird that we both would have developed something like this. After consulting dr google (and a real doc) I don't think we r dying and I am thinking it is perhaps from lifting. But I wanted to see f anyone else has seen this happen.

Replies

• BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Ive had bruising in my calves from lifting and my triceps and biceps (at least thats what I think it was from) lol
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I get random bruising from lifting and so does my husband. I never think anything about it, though I would prefer the bruising with an actual backstory.. like the one on my shoulder from the 10 lb plate jumping off the rack and smashing me in the shoulder as I was trying to get it off and onto the bar....or the one on my knee from the 100 lb plate barely bonking it when I was putting it on the leg press. Same day. Both plates just had it out for me. I swear. :smiley:

In all seriousness, bruising can happen, and I am not going to worry unless it hurts, throbs, spreads, or doesn't go away.
  • jerb00
    jerb00 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I am glad we aren't the only ones! We did just both start a more strenuous program and I don't know if they had anything to do I'm with it, but I am super fair and bruise at the slightest touch so I am hoping this doesn't become a regular thing with me ;)
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get bruising from where the bar sits on my shoulders during squats. It kinda freaks out my boyfriend.