Eating Disorder Friends

Options

Replies

• secretladyspider2017
    secretladyspider2017 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've had bulimia off and on for years and am also looking for people looking to better their bodies in recovery. Hi!
  • leahisnotmyname
    leahisnotmyname Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am in recovery for anorexia. I'm sending you a friend request
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Recovering binge eater
  • kkaull2011
    kkaull2011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in recovery as well <3 Feel free to add me!
  • sonotahipster
    sonotahipster Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been in recovery from bulimia for about a year and a half now, feel free to add me, I'd love to connect with other people who are trying to get better
  • lilyvala
    lilyvala Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also in recovery now and you're all welcome to add me ❤️
  • scubachick67
    scubachick67 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Mia for over 28 years.
    Im in my 40s and had it since pre teen years. I tried a few different therapies, but I really hate talking about it (typing is easier! I don't get to hear it out loud!). I would literally cry the day before thersoy and for 2 days after. Therapy was a harrowing experience for me.

I really struggle with balancing a healthy lifestyle and mental attitude. If im going well, I go over board and either bing to "treat myself" or exercise and starve to keep the weight loss going.
    I try to stay away from the scales as its never down to where I think it should be.
    All these mental thoughts and negative internal voice is really hard to deal with alone.
  • xxdashax
    xxdashax Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • saskiavanson88
    saskiavanson88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling with one as long as i can remember. please add me. I need positive motivation as well to keep me on the right track.
  • Tabbycat00
    Tabbycat00 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've been in recovery from anorexia since 1995. I still count calorie obsessively but I eat a "normal" amount and have maintained my weight since 1999 (with the exception of pregnancy). Feel free to add.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've fought ana off and on for well over a decade. Still need talking down now and then. Could always use more friends who get it
  • amandamoyer5423
    amandamoyer5423 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am recovering from Binge eating disorder and I have body dysmorphia. Anyone is welcome to add me
  • MichK666
    MichK666 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    No official diagnosis, but I fall into binge/restrict cycles. Like, I'll have a day or a few hours where I pig out..then I eat little for a few days, then I have a binge day/hour, and it starts again. I generally don't have stable eating habits. Honestly, I think I need help but I'm not getting it because no one is taking me seriously...story of my life, heh.

Feel free to add.
  • mamafor2manykids
    mamafor2manykids Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I happen to be an older member (51 yo) struggling with an ED, along with many other mental issues. I've gained 70 pounds over the past 4 months. I am well enough now to exercise and eat well, but my mind is not well in regards to healthy eating. I have lost 11 pounds in several weeks. Counseling has been somewhat helpful. I could use supportive friends. Feel free to add me.

Thanks
  • xxdashax
    xxdashax Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I ask myself where do I draw the line? When is obsessively counting calories too much? It seems like second nature by now but it also seems unhealthy to obsess like this... my relationship to food is so disordered ... does anyone else feel the same?
  • amandamoyer5423
    amandamoyer5423 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    xxdashax wrote: »
    Sometimes I ask myself where do I draw the line? When is obsessively counting calories too much? It seems like second nature by now but it also seems unhealthy to obsess like this... my relationship to food is so disordered ... does anyone else feel the same?

Yes. I do all the damn time. I obsess so much over food and exercise. I actually started listening to a lot of podcasts ( summer innanen- fearless rebel radio) and I have learned a lot about just dieting and everything in general. At the start of my disorder it was so intense. I'm at the end stages of learning to "quit dieting", but it's so hard. My eating disorder and body dysmorphia creep on me a hell of a lot.
  • beskinny0202
    beskinny0202 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ugh yes, and the worst part is the more I lose the better I feel, I can't seem to draw a line anymore!

Anyone's welcome to add me.
  • WyldHaggis
    WyldHaggis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Recovering binge eater here (and hopefully I'm not making a grave mistake by doing that whole calorie counting again!).

I do battle with body dysmorphia as well, although mine is more gender- than weight-related, to be fair. Yet a whole other challenge. Oh frabjous joy.
  • sarcimemon97
    sarcimemon97 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me:)
  • thephreshme
    thephreshme Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    This is my first time commenting on anything☺️