A little help with TDEE etc, and breastfeeding please?

I'm a little unsure where I should set my kcal - and I use kilojoules so forgive me if this gets messy but I'm converting all these numbers.

I'm 148.5cm tall (about 4'11"), 88.7kg (about 195ish pounds). I'm a stay at home mum to a 4 year old and a 5.5 month old baby, I also have a 6 year old who's at school. I would say my daily activities are fairly sedentary as a whole.

I do weightlifting for 4 short sessions a week, do a purposeful walk about 4 times a week, and I'm exclusively breastfeeding the baby.

I'm not sure where to set my kilojoules/calories? My walks are about 45ish minutes long at 11-12 minutes per kilometre which I find is a good pace for me (pushing a stroller and having a short stride).

I've been eating a total of about 1900-2000 calories a day.

I'm wanting a slow loss, I lost 40kg (88lbs) in 2015 (obviously put a lot of it back on!), which I think I lost too rapidly and my strength has gone down a lot. I lost that in about 7-8 months

Sound about right?

This is my weight for the last couple of weeks, obviously having a wee stall at the moment.

2604ayu.jpg

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    That looks like about 1.2 kg or 2.6 lbs in 12 days. Not bad IMO. I think that your current calorie level is fine. I wouldn't change anything.
  • hellobaconplease
    hellobaconplease Posts: 108 Member
    Thanks, I'm aiming for about 500g loss a week, but happy with anything really, as long as I feel better about myself and live a longer or more productive life :-).
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    That is a good attitude. I think that it would be difficult to lose faster with the breastfeeding. For me, that time was a very very hungry time :) If you can continue to eat at that level and lose I'd stick with it. I normally would say not to change anything until you haven't seen any scale movement for the length of one menstrual cycle. Since you are breastfeeding, I'd change that to four weeks.
  • Karie2017
    Karie2017 Posts: 215 Member
    I'm breastfeeding as well just had my baby 2 months ago. Lost 26lbs so far. Aiming for another 15. I used a breastfeeding calculator http://www.freedieting.com/tools/breastfeeding_calorie_calculator.htm
    I started eating healthier. So I'm eating more and weighing less now because of it. Everyday I also do strength exercises to help build more muscle. The more muscle you gain the more calories your body will burn. And I do cardio to help burn fat.
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Very inspiring as your plan is about the same as mine (when i can lift again). My youngest is 4m :smile: