sweating for the beach

Options
Ok, so I've been following a pretty decent diet for the most part and have lost some pounds. I've decided to ramp it up so I'm beach ready for my Hawaii trip in 5 weeks. (I'm also getting married. I didn't buy a dress too small as I didn't want to set myself up for failure)
I added a 30 minute workout last week every day. Boxing and jogging with some dumbbell arms thrown in. Go figure that the scale would go up 4 pounds. Oh well, my pants still fit and I did stay under my calorie goal.(which makes me feel like it's water for repair) My eating during the workweek is spot on. I get a little lax on the weekends but I am really going to reign that in the next month.
My goal is to lose at least 7 pounds before I go. I really wish to lose more, but set my goal at an attainable level.
I want to ramp up my workouts again and add in the Pure Cardio DVD from the Insanity workout. I weighed in and took my measurements this morning.
My question is: Is this going to help me? Or set me back even further? I've got some dumbbells I was going to add in too. I don't have access to any heavy weights or I would definitely be doing that.
Again, I'm not looking to lose a massive amount of weight in a short amount of time. (My long term goal is 100 lbs. I'm 17 pounds down). While that would be nice I know that is not attainable short term. Just looking for some exercise/food tips that will help boost my efforts in the next five weeks.
Thanks!

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    It's attainable. The exercise is not hurting your weight. The "a little lax on the weekends" part would be my concern. I would definitely tighten that up and keep working out.
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Losing 7 pounds in 5 weeks is totally doable- especially since you have 80 that you want to lose anyways. If your diet is spot on then you might lose way more than 7. Pure Cardio is great for weight loss since it's just cardio with some body weight resistance. You can do this!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    It is a reasonable goal.

I would caution against upping your workouts even more- you really don't want to get to Hawaii exhausted or injured. If you want to do more, just walk at close to your normal pace.

The water weight you have retained through upping your workouts may take a few weeks to disappear. You may find, if you are still carrying the water weight the week before you leave, it a good idea to cut down/ halt your workouts a week before you go to give the water time to leave your system.
    I usually pee like crazy about 4 days after I start taking an exercise break.

As an observation- flying has me retaining water, as does a warmer climate. Keep yourself well hydrated on the flight and try to avoid alcohol on the plane.
    Keep your hydration up when in Hawaii, and if the heat has you sweating more than normal think of drinking an emergen-C or something that will replace your electrolytes.

Keep your logging tight, even at weekends.

Have a great wedding- come back and post a pic.

Cheers, h.