Exercise recommendations

Options
I've been trying to lose weight since January 2016 now. I thought I would start off slow, concentrating on diet only and then add some exercise in - however, I never did any exercise and although I have lost weight, it's been extremely slow. This year my goal is to exercise more often, around 4-5 times a week. I'm currently doing the 30-day shred and I'll be doing this for 5 days, with 2 days rest.

However, I'm now wondering if this is enough exercise to see results. The 30-day shred is only 20 minutes long and although right now it feels like a lot for me, when I see how other people are spending hours at the gym, I wonder if I'm not pushing myself as much as I ought to.

I'm currently losing weight at a rate of a few ounces a week, eating up to 1300 calories. I'm going abroad for a few months in 5 weeks time and ideally, I would love to lose a few lbs by then. Should I stick to just the 30-day shred, or add more exercise in?

92593565.png

Replies

• Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Good for you for starting to exercise! If you don't feel like the 20 minutes is quite enough, add 10 minutes of exercise to your routine each week or every few days- don't suddenly increase a lot or you may get too exhausted or sore. Try a bike/stationary bike, a brisk walk, or a jog-- whatever adds in easily to your current routine and workout location.

Exercise really helps with weight loss, as long as you log properly, since it increases how much you can eat a little bit while still sticking to your calorie goal.