Carb free Challenge - 3 weeks (Jan 10 - Jan 31)

Options
Scochrane86
Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
I am having a very hard time and have hit a plateau that I cannot get over. I have decided to try cutting out carbs, just long enough to get over this hump and back on track.
I will be checking in each day just to write a little note whether I was able to stick to it or not. I have never cut anything out of my diet completely, just kept everything in moderation, but I am hoping this kick starts me again.

Replies

• marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    so....meat & fat?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If all you eat is protein and fat you'll probably lose some water weight.... But that'll come back on as soon as you start to eat normally again. And who would want to eat just protein and fat?
  • HappySugarFree
    HappySugarFree Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a low-carber and I like to do this kind of re-boot too, I'll join you!
    I'll check in daily also, so we can encourage each other!
  • HappySugarFree
    Options
    If all you eat is protein and fat you'll probably lose some water weight.... But that'll come back on as soon as you start to eat normally again. And who would want to eat just protein and fat?

Is this a real question? Are you considering to join this challenge? Well, either way, I'll give you a real answer. I like carby things that are crunchy, like vegetables, like a good chicken Caesar salad! But I feel better when I am low carb. Sometimes the carbs kinda creep back in and I find I'm eating too many again so I like to cut back in an extreme way to reboot, then I feel good again. So, my real answer is, I like eating only protein and fat if it makes me feel good again... and helps me lose weight, long term, low carb style.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Is this a real question? Are you considering to join this challenge? Well, either way, I'll give you a real answer. I like carby things that are crunchy, like vegetables, like a good chicken Caesar salad! But I feel better when I am low carb. Sometimes the carbs kinda creep back in and I find I'm eating too many again so I like to cut back in an extreme way to reboot, then I feel good again. So, my real answer is, I like eating only protein and fat if it makes me feel good again... and helps me lose weight, long term, low carb style.

Yes it's a real question.
    Carb free is not healthy or maintainable long term.
  • HappySugarFree
    Options

Yes it's a real question.
    Carb free is not healthy or maintainable long term.

so, you are not here to enter the challenge.
  • sugarfreeme55
    sugarfreeme55 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm here to get on board. I too feel much better when I cut down on carbs. And, like you, they seem to creep back in and I feel yucky (especially when compared to the energy and focus I have when low carbing!). I am going to think of this as a "cleanse" lol. Hopefully it will help to get rid of all my cravings and I'll be able to make good choices once again!!!
  • HappySugarFree
    Options
    Yes! I'm fighting the cravings today, but I am fighting!! I plan to win today :)
    I have some burgers in the fridge!
  • Trying2GetFitOH
    Trying2GetFitOH Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My body does better on a low carb life style. I feel better eating this way. I would like to join.
  • Scochrane86
    Options
    sorry, I guess I was off in my original post. I guess i meant low carb - not carb free.
    I am just trying to get over this plateau.
    Thank you for those who want to help along the way :)

So far today has been a good day! although, i realized i need to do a major grocery trip!
    What are your low-carb go to snacks and meals? ones that are easy to grab and put together?
  • HappySugarFree
    Options
    Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well. I had a good day, not perfect but I am happy with myself, much better then pizza and cookies lol. At least I have stopped the downward cycle and on my way to healthy again!
  • snowprincess502
    snowprincess502 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I would like to try the low carb challenge too. How does the challenge work?
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I am keto eating and my carbs are generally 20 grams or less per day. My go to snack foods are fat bombs, brick cheese, cheese sticks, nuts, pork rinds, and pepperoni
  • Scochrane86
    Options
    marm1962 wrote: »
    I am keto eating and my carbs are generally 20 grams or less per day. My go to snack foods are fat bombs, brick cheese, cheese sticks, nuts, pork rinds, and pepperoni

Hi marm1962, I started keto eating today! I am excited about it. I am trying for 20 grams or less of carbs, 70 grams of protein and 135-140 grams of fat. I am having trouble getting the fat high enough though. But I am looking forward to lots of bacon tonight!
  • missourinurse
    missourinurse Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @livingcleanlivingclean. Yes zero carb is healthy and sustainable, although it is not for some people. We all are human but have different psyches, body chemistrys, will powers, support systems, medical doctors that differ on opinion as well.
    Do what is right for you and don't knock what someone else is doing. Be positive to others looking to find their way.
    The eskimos have done it, the Masai tribe in Africa live on meat and milk and are healthy.
    One has to just do their research and decide what's best for the self only.
    zerocarbzen.com