6 months gone

Options
hugh_rynal
hugh_rynal Posts: 19 Member
I started with MFP back in February and its now been 6 months of checking in every day, recording what I have eaten and what I've done by way of exercise. Reading other peoples messages and struggles and success stories etc, I thought I'd put up a quick message on my own story so far.

So far its gone really well, a lot better than I'd hoped or expected. 45lbs of 'lard' have gone - here in the UK thats 3 stone and 3lbs, which is the equivalent of 'half my 12 year old son' !!!!

I get up every morning at 6am, go to the gym, do about 45 mins of cardio (cycling, treadmil, rowing) and occassionally a bit of weight training. I've bought a bicycle and on nice evenings and weekends I try and do a four mile route that I've worked out near my house. I no longer eat takeaways 3 or 4 times a week. I no longer drink 50 pints of beer a week, although I do still have a few now and a again ;-)

My goal is about 80lbs before 1st February 2011 and I think I'm on target !! I really miss doner kebabscovered in garlic sauce and ketchup though !!

Cheers
Brian

Replies

• mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thats really good, I have only just started doing this properly, after gaining a stone in Australia, lots of fast food and pavlova's. Really motivated this time round, and intend to loose half of my body weight by this time next year. Might actually dust my bike off!

Keep up the good work!
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    What a great job! Keep up the good work and getting the 80lbs off in a year!
  • bloblynda
    bloblynda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well done you! Cutting down on the beer is a good idea as that can pile the pound on so sneakily. I bet you look and feel great
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Awesome man, I hope to be in your position in a couple of months.... quick question what is a doner kebab.... anything covered in garlic must be good
  • TJ39
    TJ39 Posts: 17
    Options
    well done brian... ohhhhhh a kebab, yummy lol .. added to friends, hope thats ok :)
  • hugh_rynal
    Options
    Well........to begin with the doner kebab looks like an 'elephants leg' when its being cooked, they then slice long strips of it off, put in some pitta bread, cover in sauce..........and occassionally add some salad !! It is the best !! havent had one since January though, I really miss them !!!
  • hugh_rynal
    Options
    my first MFP friend !! thanks !
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Oh i know exactly what a doner is they are sooooo goood!!!!! Congratulations on your weight loss!!!!!Awesome job!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!