post pregnancy weight

Options
Jkulp14
Jkulp14 Posts: 3 Member
edited January 2017 in Getting Started
Hey everyone! So I'm working on getting back into shape and being a healthier me since I had a baby almost 9 months ago. What would you recommend for workouts? I recently met with a personal trainer but I want feedback from other moms and what worked for you. I want to lose about 30 lbs as well as lose my stomach and tone my body. Thanks for any feedback!

Replies

• bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding did wonders for my weight loss in the beginning. As far as workouts - I initially started just with walking my son in the stroller since I watched him throughout the day. You can also do free youtube workouts as well from home. As long as your doctor says it's okay - start gradually and challenge yourself each workout.

Keep in mind that your weight loss will only come with a caloric deficit. You can workout until you're blue in the face but if you are not eating less than you burn - you wont see a change on the scale. I am an unfortunate witness to this!!
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding didn't seem to help my weight loss much after the first 2 months. Only concentrating on calories has helped me.
    Along with my workouts I have been doing vacuums. Even though I know you cant spot reduce, it seems to have helped a little in toning and shaping.
    http://heidipowell.net/11206/c-section-solutions-exercises-to-eliminate-the-pooch-and-reduce-the-tummy-shelf/
    Really anything that helps tone your abs will help IMO. Mountain climbers, planks, spider man's, that type of thing.
  • Jkulp14
    Jkulp14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I breastfed my daughter but I didn't notice a difference with my weight tho. I'm just taking it one day at time. Losing weight was never easy for me after high school cause I wasn't as active. I now try to work out 4 days a week. Guess I'm just being a little impatient with wanting to see results lol